throw-out bearing question

Silver 03 Cobra

I don't know about a ceramic TOB but www.ddperformance.com sells the best TOB for 03/04 Cobras. They also sell the best TOB retainer and I would replace it at the same time. I'v had mine for well over a year and 15k miles with no problems. The Ford OEM wouldn't last six months.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
No TOB is going to last very long with an improperly adjusted clutch. The stock Ford clutch linkage setup is REALLY bad and has caused many failures attributed to the TOB but in reality were actually caused by the improper adjustment of the clutch.

With proper maintenance, almost any TOB will last the life of the clutch once the stock linkage has been replaced with aftermarket parts that allow the proper adjustment to be maintained.

Dana

87FOXGT

Established Member
Dana said:
No TOB is going to last very long with an improperly adjusted clutch. The stock Ford clutch linkage setup is REALLY bad and has caused many failures attributed to the TOB but in reality were actually caused by the improper adjustment of the clutch.

With proper maintenance, almost any TOB will last the life of the clutch once the stock linkage has been replaced with aftermarket parts that allow the proper adjustment to be maintained.

Dana

what would you recommend to replace the stock linkage?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Dana said:

Dana

Well put Dana.

Users who are viewing this thread