Ticking Noise On my 2v 4.6L(Please help me)

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
So the problem started about a month ago.
I was on my way home from work on the freeway going about 75 mph when all of a suden my car turned off on me out of know were.iI managed to get to the side of the road,i tried turning the car on but i dint even get a crank.

I ended up towing my car to the house were i started to look for anything odd cuz i dint have no idea what could be wrong.

Well when i check the oil stick i had no dam oil on the motor when i just got done doing the oil change 2 weeks before:shrug:

I also discoverd that the last spark plug on the far end on the pasanger side was completly smashed.My guess is it must of spun a rod bearing?

The only weired thing is that i added 5 corts of 10w40 sethetic blend oil and another spark plug to replace the smashed on And my car started right up no problem.It idles fine and runs ok a little rough only in between 45 to 55 mph.but ether then that it runs good on the freeway at 75 mph.

THE PROBLEM: If i rev it up passing 3k rmp i hear a little ticking noise coming out the pasager side?
If i rev it to higher then 3k rmp as soon as it idles down it starts mis firing alot! But i turn the car of and turn it on again it idles fine again:shrug:

I am so confused and dont know what i ned to fix?
is it something to do with the heads or block?

ill try to post a video up soon help me out If you had this problem before or if you might know what the problem is...Thanks guys:beer:

Last edited:

Swaie

Established Member
How do you smash a spark plug? Are you sure it's not melted?

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
need to do a compression check at least. Also pull the oil filter and see how much metal got stuck in it. you should pull that new plug and see what it looks like. if theres oil all over it you have some bad motor issues. has the car been recently smoking or anything?

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
need to do a compression check at least. Also pull the oil filter and see how much metal got stuck in it. you should pull that new plug and see what it looks like. if theres oil all over it you have some bad motor issues. has the car been recently smoking or anything?

ok ill pull the new spark plug out and the oil filter and check what i see.

but yes my car at times when i start it up ill trow white smoke.at any time of the day...i know is not normal but what does that mean?

Thanks for your help =]

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned

but yes my car at times when i start it up ill trow white smoke.at any time of the day...i know is not normal but what does that mean?

Thanks for your help =]

even some brand new cars will spit out a little white smoke at startup. Its mainly condensation built up in the exhaust. Alot of white smoke is a bad head gasket. But you would know it because it would smoke like a train. Blue smoke is a sign of engine damage. If your car isnt spitting out blue smoke right now you should still be good on the shortblock

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned

Thanks for your help =]

even some brand new cars will spit out a little white smoke at startup. Its mainly condensation built up in the exhaust. Alot of white smoke is a bad head gasket. But you would know it because it would smoke like a train. Blue smoke is a sign of engine damage. If your car isnt spitting out blue smoke right now and theres not bearing material all in the oil pan, you should still be good on the shortblock

killa04gt

Established Member
i think it may be a lack of flow in the passenger side head, which is causeing the tick, now as to the plug im not sure on

Users who are viewing this thread