Time for a new TV. Recommendations?

Never_Enough

Established Member
My 50" Samsung plasma is about 7 years old & looks like the panel is bad now based on my research. It has the green vertical line in the middle of the screen.

I'd like to get 65"+, but anything smaller than 50" & I won't even look at it. Not looking to spend thousands either. Also, will not buy Sony.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
My GF just bought me a 65" Vizio smart TV for like 850. Picture is way better than a Sharp Aquos 60" that I bought 3 years ago.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I have a 65" Vizio M Series, great picture and a good value for what you get.

Kewlv8

Established Member
My 50" Samsung plasma is about 7 years old & looks like the panel is bad now based on my research. It has the green vertical line in the middle of the screen.

I'd like to get 65"+, but anything smaller than 50" & I won't even look at it. Not looking to spend thousands either.

My 65' Panasonic has been great, and can be found at a very decent price. I assume you are getting a Smart TV and add-on sound bar as well. Enjoy

Never_Enough

Established Member
My 65' Panasonic has been great, and can be found at a very decent price. I assume you are getting a Smart TV and add-on sound bar as well. Enjoy
Smart TV isn't a selling point for me. Mine is & I have never used those features. I have a surround sound setup already.

08mojo

Established Member
I got the low-end Vizio 70". The picture is not near as nice as my older Samsung plasma (I'll be sad when the samsung dies, it's roughly 7 years old), but it gets the job done. I think I paid $800 for it during an after Christmas sale. It's the E-series.

HausCobra

Established Member
I recently purchased a vizio and it was junk. Was told the quality of vizio has gone down recent years. Samsung, LG and Sony top. LG always top of consumer reports every year

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Visit your local Costco or BJs if you have an account with either. Each has a good display of various models. LG and Panasonic are recommended. I have two LGs here and we love them. One is an OLED, but that's probably going to be more than you want to spend at the size screen you're looking for.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have a 70 inch Vizio (m70-D3) and I'm very happy with the picture. I'm coming from the best plasma ever made and don't feel I gave up any noticeable difference. And google cast is built it.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Sorry to hijack the thread, but for those with a 60"+ Vizio 4K LED TV, how has the reliability been? The price is awesome, but I've read several reviews of the TVs crapping out far earlier than other brands.

08mojo

Established Member
Sorry to hijack the thread, but for those with a 60"+ Vizio 4K LED TV, how has the reliability been? The price is awesome, but I've read several reviews of the TVs crapping out far earlier than other brands.

Going on 8 months with ours, no problems to report yet. I know 8 months isn't a long time, so we'll see how it goes.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just a couple months ago as the 2017 models started being released, I bought a refurbished 2016 model 65" samsung for $1k.

Its a 4k HDR model.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
We've had our 4k Vizio for a while now. It's been moved, and wall mounted a few different times. Great picture, pretty snappy UI and so far it's been solid.

My choice used to be Samsung. But then I bought a Sony for the bedroom and the black level is unreal in comparison.

I'll probably go LG when the Vizio dies.

Never_Enough

Established Member
This is a great website to research televisions. http://www.rtings.com/
FWIW: I have three Sonys and am very happy.
I checked that out earlier. They rate the Vizio high it seems. I stopped at Wal Mart & Best Buy today. They only had the Vizio M series, no P Series, but I was not really impressed. IMO, the LG & Samsung TVs had much better pictures. Now I have to decide if 65" is worth the extra $300-500 over 60"

nickf2005

Established Member
I bought a 55" Samsung and Vizo about the same time... I'm more partial to the Samsung, as I believe the picture is a bit better.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I bought a black friday special vizio 60" smart tv in 2013 and it has been great. I have moved 4 times since then and we watch a lot of tv, it has some run time on it for sure. The only issue i run into is about once every 3 months or so netflex freezes up and you have to turn the tv off which will take 2 or 3 minutes, then boot back up and everything is fine. Other than that it's been solid and has a good picture for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread