Time to Cook Steak?

LS Boss

Established Member
It takes 10 minutes to fry one steak - 5 minutes from each side. Two steaks can fit on a pan. What is the shortest possible time to fry 3 steaks?

(Will post answer later if necessary.)

Branhammer

Established Member
Well if you only have one pan, then it's got to be 20 minutes, right?

I have a feeling I'm going to be wrong somehow.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
15 minutes

agreed.

put two in, fry for 5min.

flip one, remove one and add in the 3rd unfried. 5min.

remove the one thats fried both sides, flip the one left in the pan, then pull in the one you took out previously on its other side. 5min.

Branhammer

Established Member
agreed.

remove the one thats fried both sides, flip the one left in the pan, then pull in the one you took out previously on its other side. 5min.

That makes sense. I knew I was missing something.

LS Boss

Established Member
agreed.

OK Thomas. You and DHG both receive the golden skillet award. Now go in the kitchen and cook up a sirloin! Very good.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
For the record, any steak cooked on the stove is a ruined steak.

I would mostly agree, but ive gotten pretty good at stovetop skillet cooking lately. Though now that its nicer outside and stays light longer ill be heading back to the grill. Not a fan of grilling in the dark with a flashlight lol.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I would mostly agree, but ive gotten pretty good at stovetop skillet cooking lately. Though now that its nicer outside and stays light longer ill be heading back to the grill. Not a fan of grilling in the dark with a flashlight lol.

That's the way I cook fillets.

Turn out great.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
We actually recently got some cast iron skillets. I am very interested in trying steak in it. You know, for science.

Do Et. I cook mine in a cast iron skillet. Still no grill but its still ****ing great. Google search cooking steak with a cast iron for techniques.

Branhammer

Established Member

That's why mine is set up the third bay of the garage. I've been grilling out all winter. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread