Time to find a new job, at least they give me time.

98slowbra

Established Member
Well I am a contractor and I work in IT Telecom and my manager and director had a meeting with me this morning and they told me they are ending my contract at the end of March because they need to reallocate the job to system engineering and they do not have the money for both, so that leaves this company down to 1 telecom guy to run the show.
The one Telecom guy is not happy at all, but I am use to it being in IT for 30 years and last week I was reached out to for a full time position working on Cisco ICM call routing so I will go and see how that will pan out since I have 15 years on Avaya and 15 years on Cisco ICM. We will see how things go but time to put my resume out there again.

Twisted2v

Established Member
It happens. I was let go about a year ago, and found a job with a 20% pay increase, and ended up with a profit sharing bonus nearly the same amount.

You qualify for unemployment benefits. Please take advantage, and Hakuna Matata.

T.Man

Established Member
Best of luck man. It sounds like you have quite a bit of experience, so I would imagine good things will come you way.

98slowbra

Established Member
I do have some savings and money coming in, so far I had a call for a job at $71k a year when I make 104k right now so I do not know. Something is better then nothing but a $34k a year cut is hard to take.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
That's a huge pay cut. They'll hire someone with 3 years of experience for $71k. Keep looking. I'm guessing you're in your early 50's so getting something decent should still be doable. Once you start getting in the upper 50's it could get sketchy. Contract work is different than being a full timer so there could be decent contract work out there.

98slowbra

Established Member
I am 47 so I am about up their. I was just notified from a former person I worked for he put me in for a Sr Technology Architect - Telephony, so I will hope this job pays well and these people know how I work and I get the job done, they were excited to hear I was free since it is very hard to find Cisco ICM scripting people that have both worked on the ICM and Avaya PBX. So that is what this is and I hope this will come out and my guess is it will pay good.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's a huge pay cut. They'll hire someone with 3 years of experience for $71k. Keep looking. I'm guessing you're in your early 50's so getting something decent should still be doable. Once you start getting in the upper 50's it could get sketchy. Contract work is different than being a full timer so there could be decent contract work out there.
Retiring at 50 was the the best decision I ever made. Make more in retirement than when I worked and don't have to be anywhere I don't want to be whenever I want.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

Users who are viewing this thread