Time to refinance?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Have been mulling it over for a couple months and I think now is a good time. Have been in this house for almost 2 years with a 4.5% APR, so I should definitely be able to get a lower rate.

What rates are you guys seeing out there? I would be going for a 30 year VA refinance.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Have been mulling it over for a couple months and I think now is a good time. Have been in this house for almost 2 years with a 4.5% APR, so I should definitely be able to get a lower rate.

What rates are you guys seeing out there? I would be going for a 30 year VA refinance.

Bought my current house on a 4.0% VA loan 5 years ago. Within 2 months of that closing, I was able to do a VA rapid refi to make it a 3.25% loan (no fees, except for the VA funding fee).

I am meeting with a notary next Wednesday to close on my new, no fees (besides the VA funding fee, again) refi for 2.75% for the remaining 25 years of my 30yr fixed.

I get to skip a payment, and my monthly after will be about a hundred bucks less.

Certainly was a good time for me. I'd say reach out to some folks and see what they are offering.

Last edited:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Just refi'd from 3.125% to 2.5% on a 15 yr loan for $1200 closing cost. That was early last week. Since then, the rates have jumped back up to 3%.
(These are not VA rates, I am not a Veteran)

Last edited:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Not residential but commercial, I called my bank and asked about the lower rates, my business has three loans combined over $1 mill at 4.25%.

they voluntarily offered me 3.5% for the remained of the terms, each less than 10 years left, for no costs, just a two page amendment to the existing loan paperwork.

this was Thursday I inquired, signed the papers Friday morning.

just saved me about $1500/ month in payments.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Missed the boat on refinancing for now. Lenders are so slammed most have jacked rates back up to slow the flow of refinance applications. I could see them going back down if the economy tanks.
MF’er! And this is why I don’t throw money in the stock market. For investments/money shit if it wasn’t for bad luck, I wouldn’t have any luck at all.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Missed the boat on refinancing for now. Lenders are so slammed most have jacked rates back up to slow the flow of refinance applications. I could see them going back down if the economy tanks.

You must have a limited amount of lenders in your area. Keep looking there are plenty out there.

noco5.0

Established Member
You must have a limited amount of lenders in your area. Keep looking there are plenty out there.

I actually locked at a low rate. I was letting the OP know they had gone back up. There probably are some lenders who are lower. Mortgage News Daily shows the average for a 30 year back at 4 percent.

Daily Mortgage Rate Survey
  • 30YR
    4.00%
    (+0.38%)
  • 15YR
    3.50%
    (+0.25%)
  • FHA30YR
    3.75%
    (+0.50%)
  • Jumbo30YR
    3.75%
    (+0.05%)
  • 5/1ARM
    3.25%
    (+0.50%)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Rates will go down again. Italy just posted 350+ dead in 24 hours. They have 1/5 the population and are 2 weeks in front of the states.

I would refinance to a 15 fixed and 2.x apr.
5D272129-6A8A-4037-A478-AFE667F165D5.jpeg

noco5.0

Established Member
The Fed just announced they were buying mortgage backed securities. Rates should go back down.

rborden

Established Member

I’d wait till this coronavirus bullshit blows over.

Rates just went up to 4.17%. Once it dies down I think you can do better.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Not residential but commercial, I called my bank and asked about the lower rates, my business has three loans combined over $1 mill at 4.25%.

they voluntarily offered me 3.5% for the remained of the terms, each less than 10 years left, for no costs, just a two page amendment to the existing loan paperwork.

this was Thursday I inquired, signed the papers Friday morning.

just saved me about $1500/ month in payments.
That’s an awesome deal.

Users who are viewing this thread