Tips for buying a 2016 GT350

Firstang001

Established Member
Hello,
I am looking to buy a used 2016 GT350 with less than 7000 miles. He is the second owner and trying to make room for GT500 he says. Owner says Car has Tech package and track pack the owner.. But how do I identify what packages are on the car?
What else should I be looking for? Any pre purchase tips?
Finally what is the decent price?
Thanks in Advance!!!!

Osiris

Established Member
Tech packs have navigation and sync 3 with an 8" screen, heated/cooled seats, magnaride and a steel stb. No trans or diff cooler.

Tracks have the trans and diff cooler, Recaro seats, aluminum stb, no navigation, no heated/cooled seats.

Get the tech if you don't care about HPDE. If you do, you can get the tech and put about 8k ( or about 3500 less if you run a manual pump for the trans cooler )into it to add the track pack transmission, trans cooler and rear diff coolers or buy a '17+

Track packs are more desirable to most.

I have a tech and I've been very happy with it. I'm looking at getting the coolers installed, but I haven't needed them whatsoever at this point, it's just part of my performance goals with the car.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Firstang001

Established Member
Thanks for the tips on identifying the packages. From what you guys have said i think it is only tech package...i was trying to see if the car actually had magneride.
Any idea what could be a decent price?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Osiris

Established Member
All Techs will have magnaride. Pricing seems to be in the upper 30s to mid 40s. There might be minor adjustments to that based on color, condition and history of course.

Upgrading the spoiler to the track/R seems to be a very popular thing. Don't go by wing alone. Then again almost no one goes from a track/R to a tech wing, lol.

Nukem1040

Established Member
2016 tech pack = small rear spoiler

2016 track pack = big rear spoiler

2016 R = huge rear spoiler

I’m a noob when it comes to the 350’s and packages, spoilers, etc. Has anyone started a forum with the differences of the years? Now the GT500 is coming out, it’s safe to say no more 350’s will be produced last 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstang001

Established Member
All Techs will have magnaride. Pricing seems to be in the upper 30s to mid 40s. There might be minor adjustments to that based on color, condition and history of course.

Upgrading the spoiler to the track/R seems to be a very popular thing. Don't go by wing alone. Then again almost no one goes from a track/R to a tech wing, lol.

I am not just going by the wing. I have asked specific details from the seller to identify the package.
Upper 30's? I am surprised!! Car is red with white stripes. Seem to be in excellent condition(as per seller). Haven't looked at it yet.

Osiris

Established Member
Pretty much this...

2015 - 137 cars made. 100 non R and 37 R
Chassis code F. Rarest of them all (so far)

2016 - Base, Tech and Track packs available.
Techs for cruising, tracks for racing, base for...well, base. Lol

2017 - all coolers available on all packages. Tech and base owners from previous years go batshit nuts over Ford's decision to do this and even launch a class action suit (still pending IIRC)

2018 - same as '17 with some color changes

2019 - new wheel design, spoiler, colors, PSC2s on non R models available

2020 - (That we know of now) same block as GT500 (upgraded from the earlier versions)

Osiris

Established Member
I am not just going by the wing. I have asked specific details from the seller to identify the package.
Upper 30's? I am surprised!! Car is red with white stripes. Seem to be in excellent condition(as per seller). Haven't looked at it yet.

I didn't say you were, just pointing out that the car could have an upgraded wing and still be a tech. That's all...

Firstang001

Established Member
I didn't say you were, just pointing out that the car could have an upgraded wing and still be a tech. That's all...
Sorry if my reply sounded defensive. I was just telling. I had asked seller specific details..

Nukem1040

Established Member
Pretty much this...

2015 - 137 cars made. 100 non R and 37 R
Chassis code F. Rarest of them all (so far)

2016 - Base, Tech and Track packs available.
Techs for cruising, tracks for racing, base for...well, base. Lol

2017 - all coolers available on all packages. Tech and base owners from previous years go batshit nuts over Ford's decision to do this and even launch a class action suit (still pending IIRC)

2018 - same as '17 with some color changes

2019 - new wheel design, spoiler, colors, PSC2s on non R models available

2020 - (That we know of now) same block as GT500 (upgraded from the earlier versions)

So get a ‘17-‘19 when I’m ready to buy. Thanks for that quick breakdown!! I didn’t realize the ‘15s were so limited.

Osiris

Established Member
So get a ‘17-‘19 when I’m ready to buy. Thanks for that quick breakdown!! I didn’t realize the ‘15s were so limited.

Nothing wrong with the '16s if you don't plan on racing on a track. Drag and autox is fine. If you do, the coolers can be added and maybe even at a cost savings vs '17+

There might be good deals out there...

I think '17 and '18 have the highest build numbers, but can't be sure.

Drewsky65

Established Member
High 30’s mid 40’s seems waaaay low of a price for a 16 tech package with 7k miles in great condition. 2 owners already is a little weird tho. Either way unless your getting a smoking deal on the car I would look into getting 17+ so you can get both tech and track package at the same time. Still nothing wrong with the 16 tech package tho!

Firstang001

Established Member
High 30’s mid 40’s seems waaaay low of a price for a 16 tech package with 7k miles in great condition. 2 owners already is a little weird tho. Either way unless your getting a smoking deal on the car I would look into getting 17+ so you can get both tech and track package at the same time. Still nothing wrong with the 16 tech package tho!

Seller decided on 40.5. Pulled oasis and car fax with no issues
Also looked in person. It was Speckles..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Hello,
I am looking to buy a used 2016 GT350 with less than 7000 miles. He is the second owner and trying to make room for GT500 he says. Owner says Car has Tech package and track pack the owner.. But how do I identify what packages are on the car?
What else should I be looking for? Any pre purchase tips?
Finally what is the decent price?
Thanks in Advance!!!!

Just to be clear, you CANNOT have Tech Package and Track Package together on a 2016.

Tom

Osiris

Established Member
Just to be clear, you CANNOT have Tech Package and Track Package together on a 2016.

Tom
Yes you can. The coolers can be retrofitted.

Ford sells both kits. You'll save money if you run a manual pump on the transmission cooler but if you swap transmissions you can add both for about $7500 in parts.

Figure about 3500 less in parts if you keep the transmission it has and run an external pump.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I want to know where I can find a clean, low miles GT350 for high 30s or low 40s. I paid 58 for mine and sold it at a profit after driving it for 2 years, at the track, with an accident and 19,000 miles. I'll make a fortune flipping that car around here.

ANGREY

Established Member
I want to know where I can find a clean, low miles GT350 for high 30s or low 40s. I paid 58 for mine and sold it at a profit after driving it for 2 years, at the track, with an accident and 19,000 miles. I'll make a fortune flipping that car around here.

Was yours a '16 tech package? The tech cars are much harder to sell because of the stigma and the class action suit. As many have said, unless you track it, should be fine, but if you run it hard at elevated RPM's for an extended amount of time, it will eventually go into limp mode when the diff and trans temps go too high.

Tech pack '16's are analogous to a car that doesn't have a clean Carfax. Car might be right as rain, but reality and perception don't always match up. The good news is, you can pick up a tech car for a pretty significant discount if you're willing to A) concede it's not going to be trackable and B) concede you're going to have a more difficult time finding a buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread