• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Tire Help

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires/Brakes' started by Rb0891, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Rb0891

Rb0891 Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

So I just put a Brenspeed eforce setup on at supposedly around 500whp. I now have stock Brembo wheels with the Ohtsu it came with. Was thinking of putting on 265/40 Re71rs to help it hook. Other thought is to buck up for a lighter and wider wheel and put on something like pilot sport 4s. Curious if anyone is getting this power level to reasonably hook with a non drag/autocross tire. I am a manual with the typical rear bolt ons.

2. nate714

nate714 Member Established Member

Unrelated, how do you like the eforce setup?

3. Rb0891

Rb0891 Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

I just finished the install so only had it out once to go to the store. Felt basically stock, but seemed to haul ass when I hit it once for a bit. Wasn't looking for much more power as I wont take it to the strip. Just wanted to try to get as much as I could hook on the street.

Liked the way the roush/vmp looked in the pictures, but in person I think it looks better. Install was a piece of cake. 20200313_135846_compress40.jpg

matt5058 likes this.
  4. Stangra

Stangra Active Member Established Member

Lighter and wider wheels, absolutely. How your rear suspension is set up will have a lot to do with hooking well too. I have a 2014 GT w/Roush TVS, 630rwhp and it hooks extremely well on 10.5" wheels & 305/35R18 Nitto NT01's, LCA's, watts link, and torque arm.

5. nate714

nate714 Member Established Member

I definitely think the Edelbrock looks better. Looks great and fitting under the boss brace without washers or shorter motor mounts is a huge plus.

matt5058 likes this.