Tire Help

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
So I just put a Brenspeed eforce setup on at supposedly around 500whp. I now have stock Brembo wheels with the Ohtsu it came with. Was thinking of putting on 265/40 Re71rs to help it hook. Other thought is to buck up for a lighter and wider wheel and put on something like pilot sport 4s. Curious if anyone is getting this power level to reasonably hook with a non drag/autocross tire. I am a manual with the typical rear bolt ons.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Unrelated, how do you like the eforce setup?
I just finished the install so only had it out once to go to the store. Felt basically stock, but seemed to haul ass when I hit it once for a bit. Wasn't looking for much more power as I wont take it to the strip. Just wanted to try to get as much as I could hook on the street.

Liked the way the roush/vmp looked in the pictures, but in person I think it looks better. Install was a piece of cake.
20200313_135846_compress40.jpg

Stangra

Established Member
So I just put a Brenspeed eforce setup on at supposedly around 500whp. I now have stock Brembo wheels with the Ohtsu it came with. Was thinking of putting on 265/40 Re71rs to help it hook. Other thought is to buck up for a lighter and wider wheel and put on something like pilot sport 4s. Curious if anyone is getting this power level to reasonably hook with a non drag/autocross tire. I am a manual with the typical rear bolt ons.
Lighter and wider wheels, absolutely. How your rear suspension is set up will have a lot to do with hooking well too. I have a 2014 GT w/Roush TVS, 630rwhp and it hooks extremely well on 10.5" wheels & 305/35R18 Nitto NT01's, LCA's, watts link, and torque arm.

nate714

Established Member
I definitely think the Edelbrock looks better. Looks great and fitting under the boss brace without washers or shorter motor mounts is a huge plus.

Users who are viewing this thread