Tire Sensor Fault

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Seems stupid to ask, but have you checked your tire pressures? Especially this time of year the temperature changes can drop the pressure in the tires just enough to set off the light.

Also, what year is your car? Maybe one or more of the sensors' batteries is failing.

ShelbyvilleGT500

car is 2008, pressures are good. Light goes on and off and says its a "fault" not low. I will try and check each sensor and see if I can determine which one is flaking out. Thanks for the reply.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I would try re-syncing all four sensors before doing anything else. If you don't have a TPMS sensor sync tool, your local tire shop may be able to assist you. Or you can order one from American Muscle: http://www.americanmuscle.com/0509-tpms-sensors.html

TPMS sensor tool.jpg

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Noticing that your car is a 2008 (9 years old), have you ever changed the tire sensors as they are most likely lithium battery operated. You may have a sensor going dead. That could be the problem.
If so, change all the sensors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ShelbyvilleGT500

Noticing that your car is a 2008 (9 years old), have you ever changed the tire sensors as they are most likely lithium battery operated. You may have a sensor going dead. That could be the problem.
If so, change all the sensors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just bought the car last month so they are probably original. New sensors was a thought. Just seeing what others experience was first. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I just bought the car last month so they are probably original. New sensors was a thought. Just seeing what others experience was first. Thx

I replaced mine last year since the tires were off the wheel rim.

Users who are viewing this thread