Tires for Auto X ---GSD3?

vbguy01

Established Member
I'm in the market for some new tires. I've got stock F'1's up front with 315 Nitto 555 DR's in the rear. I was looking at maybe getting some GS-D3's; 275/285 front/back (or 285 all around) and keeping the DR's for the strip. Does anyone use the Goodyear GS-D3's to autocross? And if so how do they handle...

:read:

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
They are very good street tires, but if you want the ultimate in street tire technology for autocross the best are falken azenis rt-615 (the rt-215's are a great tire, but not in your size), kumho mx's, Yokohama Advan Neovas, BFG g-force kd, and Hankook Z212's. Of these, I think the Kumho's are probably the best balance between price, performance, and wet-driving capability. There are some KD's available for cheap on the market (blems), but I have had those and they are scary in the rain.

After you try autocrossing a few times, and if you find that you like it, you need to do yourself the favor of buying some race tires and rims. With the size and power of our cars, the race tires reduce frustration dramatically and allow you to closer reach the car's potential.

Just my two cents...

truebluecobra

Been there - Done that...
Established Member
The local Corvette club invited our Mustang club to thier auto-X event and I beat everything out there on street tires with a stock 03 Cobra on GS-D3's !!
I have pulled 1.8 60fts on a well prepped track and they are awesome in the rain !! I have also run 3 open track events at Sebring with them and still got 12k + HARD miles out of them !!!! A great all aroung tire if you don't want to mess with extra rims and tires !!! Hope this helps - Good luck :beer:

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
I have tried most brands and the Kuhmo's last the longest and are the most forgiving for damage (spins-etc) IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread