WANTED: Tires

Aadams90

Established Member
Kinda new here if this isn’t the place to post this please lmk. Just picked up a 14 gt500 low mileage car, came with Goodyear eagle f1 tires, to me these are terrible no traction, what’s a good replacement tire that hold up and sticky, was looking at the Michelin pilots seen a lot of people run them, what’s ur thoughts, dnt want to run drag radials thanks

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Kinda new here if this isn’t the place to post this please lmk. Just picked up a 14 gt500 low mileage car, came with Goodyear eagle f1 tires, to me these are terrible no traction, what’s a good replacement tire that hold up and sticky, was looking at the Michelin pilots seen a lot of people run them, what’s ur thoughts, dnt want to run drag radials thanks

If you cannot drag radials I would also consider Conti extreme contacts or Nitto Invos. Contis > Michelin PS IMO

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep correct place to post
Last couple guys good suggestions.
I ran Michelins pilot 4's on an otherwise stock 13 with 3:73s no problem. I like them enough I run them on my daily Ford Escape.

Later if you decide, for the rear, Toyo R888R as the best alternative to a drag radial. I in fact run Toyos outback, I am no longer stock power

Aadams90

Established Member
Yep correct place to post
Last couple guys good suggestions.
I ran Michelins pilot 4's on an otherwise stock 13 with 3:73s no problem. I like them enough I run them on my daily Ford Escape.

Later if you decide, for the rear, Toyo R888R as the best alternative to a drag radial. I in fact run Toyos outback, I am no longer stock power
Thanks guys!!

SCALILOU

Established Member
Heard good things about Nitto 555RII. I'm going to try those next.
I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered 11/2021. Summit saying they should ship May 1st. Thanks Biden. Your tires will probably expire on a transport ship out in the port harbor before you ever get them.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I always questions guys who won’t run drag but willing to run Cup 2s or Toyo R888Rs.
In my extensive experience, unless you’re caught in a downpour with standing water on the road regularly, the DR is the best and safest choice.
As long as it’s a street DR like the Nitto NT555R (now NT555RII).
Just saying.
-J

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
drag radials sidewalls are really flexible/squishy to help aid with traction. take a NT555R, off of a wheel, and push down on it. do the same with a MP4S or R888. you can easily tell the difference.
you can also feel it while driving fast and going through turns. i felt it on the freeway when i ran 555Rs. i dont feel it at all on the michellins. ive had multiple sets of both. i ran invos as well. didnt feel it. only the 555Rs.

just had my MPSS pulled off my old wheels and the tire guy was fighting with them since the sidewalls are so stiff lol. even worse with runflats.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You’re correct Steve to a point but if you run a DR, especially a Nitto, on a wide enough wheel (like 305 on a 10.5 or 315 on an 11”) much of that goes away.
And it depends on your driving style. 99% of guys in here will enjoy a DR on the street more than a Cup2 or Toyo in regards to taking the car out for fun street and highway pulls.
Unless it’s occasional open track or regular aggressive canyon/curve driving, I’d still recommend the DR and expect 90% of guys here with higher powered street Mustangs will enjoy their car more with Nitto DRs.
I have a ton of experience buying DRs :)
-J

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The R888Rs need a lot of heat in them and they are really old technology.

Here is a good guide:

SCALILOU

Established Member
Ordered from Summit Racing 11/2021... Just received today. NT555RII
I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered 11/2021. Summit saying they should ship May 1st. Thanks Biden. Your tires will probably expire on a transport ship out in the port harbor before you ever get them.

20220509_215916.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread