To pulley or not to pulley the DD.

finaliize

Established Member
I've owned the car exactly a week, as my DD, its sitting at 14,800 miles. I have a 4 piece set of BF idlers (not installed, dont want to buy a new belt twice) and I am soon ordering the BF IRS brace and Reische thermostat.

I've gotten many opinions, and since I probably wont port the blower, many suggested I should just go with a 2.76 upper.

Would you go with this setup for a low mileage DD terminator? Performance wise I think I can safely say after pullies that would be it.. not interested in twin screw, porting, nos, etc

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i have had my DD pullied for close to 2 years, and i wouldnt want it ANY other way!

these cars are slow running stock boost....just wait until you almost double the boost! you'll have a WHOLE NEW car/animal on your hands. i was (pleasantly) shocked at the power difference it made!

Blueline

Established Member
As stated above. Pulley and get a good tune. Throw an intake whill you are it also. The car will be reliable as it is now and so much more fun!! Enjoy!

SoCaDan

Established Member
I've owned the car exactly a week, as my DD, its sitting at 14,800 miles. I have a 4 piece set of BF idlers (not installed, dont want to buy a new belt twice) and I am soon ordering the BF IRS brace and Reische thermostat.

I've gotten many opinions, and since I probably wont port the blower, many suggested I should just go with a 2.76 upper.

Would you go with this setup for a low mileage DD terminator? Performance wise I think I can safely say after pullies that would be it.. not interested in twin screw, porting, nos, etc

Mileage and thought wise I'm with you. I'm for sure doing the cold air intake next. Just not quite sure if I should leave her stock or go with 2.76, tune, and leave it at that.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if this was a poll so far it would be 100% to pulley.

and i would add another vote to that.

mine is my dd and i have a 95k on it and about 35k on the 2.80 upper. before i did it i had reservations just like you do. but no regrets... it is like a night/day difference for the better

enjoy!

20psirabbit

Established Member
I did and I would recommend it as well. The boost increase is nice, plus the added timing alone from the tune makes the car so much more responsive and nice to drive even when you're not in boost :beer:

Grimster

Established Member
On tuesday the following get delivered to me to help transform my DD

BF IRS Brace
BF 4-piece Idlers
BF 2.76
MM FLSFCs
JLT RAI

and I just put a Steeda Catback on it too. Im stopping at this point in the modding process. After these get installed and I get dyno tuned Im only going to be replacing wear and tear items with better aftermarket parts as they wear out (clutch, tires, brake pads, etc)

I want to enjoy the reliable "pulley and tune" cobra. Probably just start saving up for my next car and always leave my cobra as just a "pulley and tune".

:)

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
On tuesday the following get delivered to me to help transform my DD

BF IRS Brace
BF 4-piece Idlers
BF 2.76
MM FLSFCs
JLT RAI

and I just put a Steeda Catback on it too. Im stopping at this point in the modding process. After these get installed and I get dyno tuned Im only going to be replacing wear and tear items with better aftermarket parts as they wear out (clutch, tires, brake pads, etc)

I want to enjoy the reliable "pulley, PORT and tune" cobra. Probably just start saving up for my next car and always leave my cobra as just a "pulley and tune".

:)

Here you go I fixed it for you :D

finaliize

Established Member
Do it and have it tuned by Ramseys in Tampa off 41.

Dennis changed the lower intake manifold on my GT, great shop.

After seeing all the replies i'll be sure to order everything today.:rockon:

A local group and I have a dyno day coming up at S&R performance in Tampa and they are offering a great deal on 2 pulls and a tune.

However just to make sure, I looked at the belt selection guide and unless I am wrong, I will need a 74.5" or 75", any drastic difference?

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
I've been driving with a 2.8 pulley, CAI, catback, and tune for over 86,000 miles.

I currently have over 146,500 miles on my car. Waited until 60,000 to pulley it. Big mistake, should have done it on day 1. The first time you drive after the swap will put a huge grin on your face. :rockon:

But after awhile you get used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread