• ... at or above 16.5k

Votes: 43 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 COBRA SB
which means that he will void your warranty if he says you abused your car.

SVTADVISOR

What is your definition of abuse. Making the boost gauge go to the factory max amount? Spinning the tires? what exactly is abuse?

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
question SVTAdviser,

what does ford do with all the vehicles they lend out to magazine editors to "test" =drag strip/open track/race/abuse??

these things automatically have no warranty if ever resold?

lookin at tires tread wear is BS for abuse. these stock F1's dont last long, some do, most don't........i know a few people who have never tracked their car and drive it modestly yet need new tires at 6,000 miles...

will Ford Racing equippment void the warranty? I remember reading somewhere that it says these parts are covered under warranty.....not to mention i believe in one of the manuals it suggests a differential/oil cooler(not sure) or sumthin' like that from ford racing........wait wait.........Ford RACING..........Hmmm.......Racing...........

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
Makes no difference. 1,000,000 HP will not ruin a TOB or the retainer. HP has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. As for the drag racing bit, that's the biggest pile of bullshit known to man. Ford shows brocures of smokey burnouts, sponsors track events and a club (SVTOA) which also sponsors them, and yet, gosh, if you actually drive your car, warranty void. Screw Ford. You buy a Corvette, you don't get these hassles. Flagship Chevy=Flagship Service. Flagship Ford=Screw you with no lube.

And you want to know what really burns me up? It's not that Ford won't warranty it, I would be willing to pay to play. It's that Ford WON'T SELL THE DAMN PART! Ford's fix for a $56 TOB retainer failure is a new $3,000 transmission. I'm sorry sir, you can preach the Ford company line all you want, but unless you can resolve our problem, all you are doing is spouting bullshit.

You're right HP has nothing to do with it. But abuse does have something to do with it. You need to get your facts straight before you go spouting your B.S. I have worked for Chevrolet and Dodge. Vipers and Vette's nothing is any different how these problems are dealt with. Customers who abuse their cars get their warranty's voided even if there is a product problem. 2nd Ford doesn't make that transmission TREMEC does so if you're pissed at someone talk to them. I am sure ford has. Ford didn't tell them to make it so the bearing retainer couldn't be replaced cheaply. Tremec is not offering any service replacement parts for that trans. Ford gets to pay for it. If you had to pay for every trans would you be happy. You abuse you lose your problem is you!

My problem is me? What kind of crap is that? First, you can't PROVE abuse, ever, unless you witness it or have video. You can speculate, you can question, but you CANNOT prove. As for the talk about other MFG's, I OWNED an 01 Corvette before this, and I DO know what I'm talking about there. They never even questioned what I did with the car, they just fixed it. Vipers ARE just as bad, if not worse though (buddy is a former Viper tech). As for the Tremec thing, don't you think it's kind of, well, STRANGE that you can buy a TOB retainer for EVERY CAR that has every had a tremec T-56 in it EXCEPT the 03 Cobra? Isn't that just a tad odd? Besides, my beef is not with Tremec, thier name is not on my paper work. Ford is directly responsible for any defects in my vehicle. If they want to sue tremec to recoup thier loss, that's thier problem. Not mine. Again, stick to something else, you suck at legal issues.

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraCCC
question SVTAdviser,

lookin at tires tread wear is BS for abuse. these stock F1's dont last long, some do, most don't........i know a few people who have never tracked their car and drive it modestly yet need new tires at 6,000 miles...

Those are some pretty fast burning tires. I went to the track numerous times and had 17,000 miles on mine when I traded it in. Still had 3/32 tread left from what the service ADVISOR said when they replaced my tranny.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 COBRA SB
which means that he will void your warranty if he says you abused your car.

No i do not make that decision. I play more of a consumer advocate. I write up repair orders and oversee repairs on customers cars. I specialize in SVT vehicles and have alot of 1st hand knowledge on how these cars are repaired.

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
No i do not make that decision. I play more of a consumer advocate. I write up repair orders and oversee repairs on customers cars. I specialize in SVT vehicles and have alot of 1st hand knowledge on how these cars are repaired.

So a service writer with numerous years. nothing special, you don't even have any pull why are you trying to talk for Ford? :nonono:

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
You're right HP has nothing to do with it. But abuse does have something to do with it. You need to get your facts straight before you go spouting your B.S. I have worked for Chevrolet and Dodge. Vipers and Vette's nothing is any different how these problems are dealt with. Customers who abuse their cars get their warranty's voided even if there is a product problem. 2nd Ford doesn't make that transmission TREMEC does so if you're pissed at someone talk to them. I am sure ford has. Ford didn't tell them to make it so the bearing retainer couldn't be replaced cheaply. Tremec is not offering any service replacement parts for that trans. Ford gets to pay for it. If you had to pay for every trans would you be happy. You abuse you lose your problem is you!

My problem is me? What kind of crap is that? First, you can't PROVE abuse, ever, unless you witness it or have video. You can speculate, you can question, but you CANNOT prove. As for the talk about other MFG's, I OWNED an 01 Corvette before this, and I DO know what I'm talking about there. They never even questioned what I did with the car, they just fixed it. Vipers ARE just as bad, if not worse though (buddy is a former Viper tech). As for the Tremec thing, don't you think it's kind of, well, STRANGE that you can buy a TOB retainer for EVERY CAR that has every had a tremec T-56 in it EXCEPT the 03 Cobra? Isn't that just a tad odd? Besides, my beef is not with Tremec, thier name is not on my paper work. Ford is directly responsible for any defects in my vehicle. If they want to sue tremec to recoup thier loss, that's thier problem. Not mine. Again, stick to something else, you suck at legal issues. [/B][/QUOTE]

Gee let me guess your're an attorney. Well that explains it, always someone else's fault. You still haven't answered the main question. Is your're car Modified? It must be. Its probably you're excellent way with dealing with people that got you all that help at your first Ford dealership were they voided your warranty. Sounds like the right thing to do to you in my opinion. I sure wouldn't try to do anything for you. I not trying to advise on legal issues. I'm trying to make Ford's warranty policy clear to everyone. You just can't accept that you screwed up!

NetworkingGuru

Established Member

Gee let me guess your're an attorney. Well that explains it, always someone else's fault. You still haven't answered the main question. Is your're car Modified? It must be. Its probably you're excellent way with dealing with people that got you all that help at your first Ford dealership were they voided your warranty. Sounds like the right thing to do to you in my opinion. I sure wouldn't try to do anything for you. I not trying to advise on legal issues. I'm trying to make Ford's warranty policy clear to everyone. You just can't accept that you screwed up!

Actually, no, you phucking mental giant, as is pretty clear to everyone who can read, I am a networking professional, hence the name NETWORKINGGURU. I just happen to be a fairly smart cookie who knows a thing or two about the law. Yes, my car is modified. No, the mods don't have anything to do with the failure. Your point is? I could care less what their policy is, I know what the LAW is, and I also know what's right. Asking me to pay $4100 for a tranny and labor for a $56 part failure is not right. I don't know how you people can sleep at night, quite honestly.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraCCC
networkingguru, u can always try the BBB (better business bureau)

just a suggestion....

BBB, and every magazine I can find are coming up. Right now, I am short on time, and I need my car fixed, so I am working on getting the tranny fixed first and foremost.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Actually, no, you phucking mental giant, as is pretty clear to everyone who can read, I am a networking professional, hence the name NETWORKINGGURU. I just happen to be a fairly smart cookie who knows a thing or two about the law. Yes, my car is modified. No, the mods don't have anything to do with the failure. Your point is? I could care less what their policy is, I know what the LAW is, and I also know what's right. Asking me to pay $4100 for a tranny and labor for a $56 part failure is not right. I don't know how you people can sleep at night, quite honestly.

You're giving legal advise to people that will listen to you is that it? Since I am the mental giant and i deal with this on an everyday basis don't you think i might know what i am talking about. Just trying to help, but for you that's not possible.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
You're giving legal advise to people that will listen to you is that it? Since I am the mental giant and i deal with this on an everyday basis don't you think i might know what i am talking about. Just trying to help, but for you that's not possible.

I'm not giving legal advise, I am telling you which law applies: Magnesson-Moss Warranty Act. LOOK IT UP. You were telling everyone here "Don't worry, uncle Ford will take care of you", when nothing could be further from the truth. I am simply laying the truth out and clearing up the BS, since I am ACTUALLY GOING THROUGH IT. This isn't speculation, or an opinion on my part, I KNOW what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, are basically spouting a line of crap and trying to uphold Ford's already despicable warranty policy. Ford's stock quadrant and TOB are the cause of these problems, it doesn't matter how many mods you put on the car, that is the truth. Ford should step up to the plate, but it's because of reps and service advisers like you that they don't. THIS is why you have attracted my ire, not because of what you do, but because of your view on modifications. You don't know the law, you are breaking it, and you are too ignorant to even know it! Even a basic moral grounding should tell you that a blanket void is wrong, and that not making the parts available, for WHATEVER reason, is simply wrong, but you still tote the Ford line on that one too. I'm done with you, being who you are, it's not even worth my time to attempt to educate you on it.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
LOL, this is rich, you pick on him for offering advice on legal issues and you sit there and say your a customer advocate yet try and tell people that they are abusing their TOB. Since you are a "MASTER" at what it is you do, please explaine to us how we are abusing the TOB??? Please O wise one, teach us mere mortals how driving our cars is abusing our TOB's after you have already admitted that the TOB is not affected by HP/TQ then what the f()ck is it affected by? How are they being abused to cause these failures?

And before you go off on how customers are screwing ford etc, the majority of us have no problem paying for things we break, but when ford goes out of their way to prevent us from getting these parts its definatly a problem. I for one think the lame excuse of abuse is being employed more frequently by dealerships because Ford is taking it in the A$$ for all of the faulty parts they are putting in these cars, heads, TOB's, vibrations to name name a few.

Last edited:

CWCobra

Established Member
Ford will be bankrupt within a year if they don't shape up. Cutting warranty costs is not the way to prosperity, if you ask me. I can see it now:
"Sir we can NOT warranty your malfunctioning door locks, because the tread on your tires is worn too thin."

That makes as much sense as the TOB fiasco..

Later,
CW

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
If it were just a few cars, I could see where they'd just replace it since it would cost more to re-engineer a new part. But with so many cars having this problem, I agree that it would seem really costly not to do anything in the way of just fixing the parts. Especially with some having it happen more than once. How many xmissions could they possibly replace before it's just not cost effective any more? I wouldn't think it would be too many.

03DOHC

Established Member
SVTADVISOR I don't care if you are a master bater you don't have a clue. I used to be a Ford mechanic and the transmissions ford uses suck big dog dick. You can jingle the companies bell somewhere else and stop instigating the other members.

SVTADVISOR, contribute to the thread and stay on topic or don't post at all.

Keep on topic please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread