Tony Stewart hits driver Kevin Ward in sprint car incident....

ThomasL

Established Member
Details and Stewart's intentions are sketchy/non-existent at this time. It sounds like the two got their cars tangled up in a race in up state NY, and then Ward got out of his car to confront Stewart and was struck by Stewart's car. Again, whether intentional or not, we don't know yet. Crazy situation. Stay tuned.

ThomasL

Established Member
All racing was suspended for tonight. Also, reports on Ward's condition varying from serious to he did not survive. Eyewitnesses say they believe Stewart was trying to AVOID Ward and fish tailed into him.

UPDATE: A lot of reports indicating Ward has passed away. Also appears that Ward was just a 17yo kid. What a tragedy.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
That track isnt too far from me. People were saying he drifted into him and his tire hit him. He got the back of his car loose and struck him. I read he had a gopro camera AND his pit crew changed the tire which strucl him.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
All racing was suspended for tonight. Also, reports on Ward's condition varying from serious to he did not survive. Eyewitnesses say they believe Stewart was trying to AVOID Ward and fish tailed into him.

UPDATE: A lot of reports indicating Ward has passed away. Also appears that Ward was just a 17yo kid. What a tragedy.

from the looks of the vid i saw here that appears to be a correct analysis of the situation

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I don't think Tony tried to hit him. What if he was trying to spray some dirt on to the guy by gunning it and the guy stepped even closer and got hit/sucked by the tire than spat out.

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
Saw the video, Stewart definitely tried to just kick dirt on him and the worst possible outcome happened. Definitely not intentional, but I think if this was in America, he'd be charged with manslaughter. Insane to think about, though.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Saw the video, Stewart definitely tried to just kick dirt on him and the worst possible outcome happened. Definitely not intentional, but I think if this was in America, he'd be charged with manslaughter. Insane to think about, though.

??it happened in NY

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Just saw a recent article. Ward, 20, was killed in this accident; pronounced DOA at the hospital. I saw the video as well. He ran out on the track and was close to even another car before getting struck by Stewart. It didn't look intentional to me, but man his back looked twisted! He made a stupid choice and paid for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread