Too loud

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I sold my 03 Cobra to a friend and I am keeping the car for him while he is in Iraq. He swapped out the high flow cats for an off road pipe and it is way too loud with the Stinger exhaust. I am getting ready to take it to HPP this weekend to add a KB and a lot of other stuff. We are trying to figure out what to do to keep the flow right and quiet it down some. He took off the high flow cats because over time they blew out. What do you guys think? This car has an HPP stroker with stock headers. I suggested putting long tube headers and maybe a different cat back.

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
Yes, the stingers in combo with an offroad H are ridiculously loud.

Throw a magnaflow catback on there. Same flow as the Stingers, but it severely turns down the volume too.

Enjoy!

Silverboost

Established Member
put flowmasters in place of the stinger mufflers. You will not outflow the flowmasters with a twinscrew. I am putting down 602/544 through flowmasters.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
+1 for tha magnaflow. nice and quiet for driving but still delivers horror at WOT. they flow awesome too.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I had the car a long time and went through a lot of combos on the car. But I havent had the car for a long time. My origianl setup was high flow cats and magnaflow exhaust. Then I swapped the magnaflow for the stingers with a friend. The stingers were fine till the off road pipe was installed. We decided to just put magnaflow back on there and leave the off road pipe. The problem with the high flow cats is when you make good power, they after a year or so ALL blow out. Anyways. Thanks for the help!

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Well I am going to take it up to HPP this weekend. Here is the goodie list.

KB 2.8 with pullies
Level 5 half shafts
Magnaflow cat back... If anyone wants the stinger, let me know! Good price!
Tokico Blues
and a bunch of small stuff.

If anyone has a spare crank pulley, I need one. We are getting rid of the 4lb lower.

Users who are viewing this thread