Took Delivery-First Impressions

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Sounds like there is a history of issues? That is discouraging.

I agree with @13COBRA - Only 1 that I know of that is even worth worrying about and it's not applicable to MY 21s.

There have been a couple smaller issues like a TSB for the backup camera and for a possible bracket for the brake pedal of which both are super simple fixes, and to my knowledge, only applied to the 20s, not 21 MY.

The most serious issue I know about which again, also applied to only a certain batch of the 20 MY, was the secondary timing chain sensor not being activated before it left factory which could cause more serious issues for those who it affected.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Last edited:

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
And the 13/14's had no issues if I were to search? And again these cars have warranty to cover these minor issues.

I would not say these are minor issues. The secondary chain tensioner is a big issue if you are affected.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The secondary timing chain tensioner would be a big deal if you're affected and Ford wasn't willing to fix it.

Still a big deal even if ford does fix it. Thats not small job. Thats also considered a major warranty work and devalue the resale value.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Still a big deal even if ford does fix it. Thats not small job. Thats also considered a major warranty work and devalue the resale value.

The 350's had a lot of motor issues, and many buyers and sellers saw a motor replacement w/ a Gen 2 as a positive.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The 350's had a lot of motor issues, and many buyers and sellers saw a motor replacement w/ a Gen 2 as a positive.

Sure, an many 16/17 values took a huge hit in value on the resale market with the replacement motor.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
And the 13/14's had no issues if I were to search? And again these cars have warranty to cover these minor issues.
I made this simple comment, ( post # 12 )
" Congrats & good luck with the 21..................if the sill plate is your only issue, you got away lucky.."
.............The thread went south from there.
I'm not a 2020 / 2021 owner, but read threads about these cars, & a lot of what I read are about issues.
...............Will Ford fix these issues, yes.
I owned a 2011 GT500 for ( 7 ) years, put almost 9700 miles on it, never had it in for ANY dealer service.......( other than an oil change )
My 14 will be ( 8 ) in Sept., other than a rocker panel scratch @ delivery, it's never been in for ANY dealer service either.......( other than an oil change )
My 2017 F150, ( 3+ ) years old, 10500+ miles, NO dealer service...( other than an oil change )
Based on my experience,
Ford builds a pretty good product, or I'm really damn lucky.
.......So when I see these 2020+ issue threads, I pay attention..

RockChalk

Established Member
I am sure the 13/14 MY GT500s had their own issues, to be sure. Air bag recall for certain. Maybe some with rear gear whine. The tires that came on it really sucked. That said, our 2013 GT500 is a keeper. I wouldn't replace it with a S550 version, even though the new GT500s are great cars and carry on the GT500 moniker extremely well.

Users who are viewing this thread