Took Delivery-First Impressions

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Don't pay him any attention, he's a hater of the MY20+ since it has a superior transmission. lol
I hear you need to be a YouTuber to be able to afford to replace the clutches on that disaster transmission. Why couldn’t this be an option for the rich and famous and for the rest of us peasents we get the option for a 6 speed manual? I would think this $17,000 clutch job (parts only) is going to hurt the resale of these things when they have miles on them.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you need to be a YouTuber to be able to afford to replace the clutches on that disaster transmission. Why couldn’t this be an option for the rich and famous and for the rest of us peasents we get the option for a 6 speed manual? I would think this $17,000 clutch job (parts only) is going to hurt the resale of these things when they have miles on them.

That would be the time to manual swap lol.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Nice Shelby unit OP. Jealous. Your color has grown on me the more I see em.

17k, holly cow! What’s the mileage range for these needed to be done?

03Cobra05GT

Established Member

I've seen one short video of Ford being called and they were told $20k for the trans. But aside from that, I haven't been able to actually nail down any solid proof of the cost to replace the clutches. Where did you get your $17k number?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Wow, I'd definitely be purchasing the longest premium warranty coverage on it thats possible!!

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I've seen one short video of Ford being called and they were told $20k for the trans. But aside from that, I haven't been able to actually nail down any solid proof of the cost to replace the clutches. Where did you get your $17k number?
The guy who owns Palm Beach Dyno said it in one of his vids. I’ve also heard the number $28,000 but I think that might be for Ford to change the transmission, so $17k could be cost. Dealership prob wants $21k + $6k for Install.

T56LS102

Established Member
Mine has paint issues, trash under the paint in a couple of spots, still debating what i want to do as the dealer took pics, sent to ford warranty and they approved paint repair. With that being said my local ford dealer wants to send it to a local body shop and have them fix it. Not sure how i feel about that...

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Mine has paint issues, trash under the paint in a couple of spots, still debating what i want to do as the dealer took pics, sent to ford warranty and they approved paint repair. With that being said my local ford dealer wants to send it to a local body shop and have them fix it. Not sure how i feel about that...

My 14 had corrosion on the hood. My local dealer got it approved for warranty repair, I passed on the initial dealer as I wasn't happy w/ work they had previously done. I ended up driving about an hour away to another dealer where a friend of mine had a buddy that painted for the dealers body shop and was able to vouch for his work. I ended up very happy w/ the paint work he did. I'd definitely research the shop before allowing them to paint your car, the repair could be worse then the current issues

Users who are viewing this thread