Took my Ecoboost to Buttonwillow racetrack

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I can't help wondering how many laps typically for a set of tires?

I know, I know....If you have to ask.....

About 150km / set - 30 laps at Buttonwillow. You can drive them for longer, but their pace falls off substantially.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If it wasn’t for the audio I think there would, understandably, be a lot of people wanting to say the video must be sped up... that’s flying

Fortunately I had a transponder on the car, so timing & scoring recorded the laptime for posterity:

Time Attack A - Outside Cotton Corners 1115am - BW3_6276_Dec0620_1116AM_CaliPhoto (1).jpg

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Very nice driving. You are probably one of the only guys actually tracking the new GT. Respect.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There were about 15 cars on track. I was first out of the pits when they started the session, and I got 2 clear laps and then caught the pack. It's a challenge to go out and immediately put together a good lap, so I was pretty happy with my driving here.
Thanks for the explanation. It just seemed like you had the whole track to yourself. Well done!!

MG01GT

Established Member
So it goes with out saying you have an amazing selection of cars to choose from to go and do track days and events with, what drives your overall selection of what car to drive? Is it class restrictions or personal preference at the moment?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So it goes with out saying you have an amazing selection of cars to choose from to go and do track days and events with, what drives your overall selection of what car to drive? Is it class restrictions or personal preference at the moment?

Mostly personal preference. But this particular event was a "American cars -- Mustang, Camaro, Viper, Corvette, etc." time trial, so...

scott_0

Established Member
phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MG01GT

Established Member
Mostly personal preference. But this particular event was a "American cars -- Mustang, Camaro, Viper, Corvette, etc." time trial, so...
Gotcha!! That makes sense! You dont bring a knife to a gun fight.... lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Is that your quickest track car in the stable?

It will be. Currently it needs a bit more development, mostly on high speed aero balance and on traction control intervention. The basic platform is nutty - more aero than a GTLM car, more power than the street car - but it's competing in the ole stable with the 488 GT3, which is lighter and has waaaay more development miles on it to get everything just so.

Stay tuned - I'll be back to Buttonwillow in February.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I just read the title, and thought "sure I'll check out an F150 on a track"

Started watching the video, went "huh?, that's not an F150", then looked at the OP, then had a great laugh.

It's great to see those cars on the track!

E

Users who are viewing this thread