Took my Ecoboost to Buttonwillow racetrack

Fat Boss

Established Member
A LOT of stuff got cancelled this year, but the one thing that I missed out on that stung the most was your offer to give me a ride on track at the Shelby Bash. :(

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dang, that was some awesome driving. Helped by an awesome race machine. The new Ford GT is a beast. Nobody else was on the track for that lap? I did fast-forward a couple of times, but I didn't see any other cars.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dang, that was some awesome driving. Helped by an awesome race machine. The new Ford GT is a beast. Nobody else was on the track for that lap? I did fast-forward a couple of times, but I didn't see any other cars.

There were about 15 cars on track. I was first out of the pits when they started the session, and I got 2 clear laps and then caught the pack. It's a challenge to go out and immediately put together a good lap, so I was pretty happy with my driving here.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I can't believe they didn't put a V8 in it...

*sarcasm*

Ben, whats the average speed on a full lap?

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
My math could be messed up, but it looks like by the math, just under 111mph.

I know it's a fast track but I've had my GT350 on fairly fast tracks and my average speeds were over 30mph slower lol.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My math could be messed up, but it looks like by the math, just under 111mph.

I know it's a fast track but I've had my GT350 on fairly fast tracks and my average speeds were over 30mph slower lol.

Right, we're running 13CW which I estimate as 2.9 mi, but I still get 104 MPH average speed. That explains why it feels so fast compared to my usual Laguna Seca / Sonoma haunts. That, and the lack of good visual reference points. Nothing like turning in blind at 120 MPH to really focus the mind.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Right, we're running 13CW which I estimate as 2.9 mi, but I still get 104 MPH average speed. That explains why it feels so fast compared to my usual Laguna Seca / Sonoma haunts. That, and the lack of good visual reference points. Nothing like turning in blind at 120 MPH to really focus the mind.
My bad, I thought you were running the 3.1mi course.

Either way, its on an order of magnitude faster than anything I've ever been in.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If it wasn’t for the audio I think there would, understandably, be a lot of people wanting to say the video must be sped up... that’s flying

FJohnny

Established Member
I can't help wondering how many laps typically for a set of tires?

I know, I know....If you have to ask.....

nickf2005

Established Member
That's maintaining some serious speed over 3 miles.
My bad, I thought you were running the 3.1mi course.

Either way, its on an order of magnitude faster than anything I've ever been in.
I've been in an airplane before... probably close? ;)
If it wasn’t for the audio I think there would, understandably, be a lot of people wanting to say the video must be sped up... that’s flying
That's exactly what I thought.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread