Took the 00R to Texas Mustang Invasion

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I loaded the R into my trailer and drove about an hour to the Texas Mustang Invasion car show yesterday. It was a SEA of Mustangs! My registration # was 457... I’m guessing there were 600 Stangs there with a bunch from every year grouping. There was an entire row of Terminators with quite a few others scattered about as well as a bunch of 07-14 GT500s. My car was the only Cobra R there. It got a ton of attention/love for a 19-20 year old car and I answered many questions. I did a lot of walking around to check out the other cars, but each time I came back, there was a crowd of people around the car... fun day!

0-A1876-D7-DA10-45-A7-B0-E2-6182-B9561234.jpg

EDD1895-A-6-EC9-4-BB5-899-C-B87290-A6-E0-C4.jpg

5-B2-D630-E-ABDB-4-DE3-9225-EFE6244799-DC.jpg

2-DED6-C29-839-D-46-D6-8493-BADE4793-FA58.jpg

8-CC8-A5-AB-A016-4951-94-A8-F5688-B969-C06.jpg

4-E6-F1464-BA7-B-49-FA-B591-EC1-FB2-DC1-BDE.jpg

Goose17

Established Member
What is that underneath the car’s bumper???
If you are asking what the blue thing on the ground is that is protecting the splitter, it’s a scrap piece of indoor/outdoor carpet from when I carpeted my garage loft. The bottom side of the splitter (air dam) is painted red just like the body. The carpet allows me to slide the splitter back for installation while protecting the paint.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If you are asking what the blue thing on the ground is that is protecting the splitter, it’s a scrap piece of indoor/outdoor carpet from when I carpeted my garage loft. The bottom side of the splitter (air dam) is painted red just like the body. The carpet allows me to slide the splitter back for installation while protecting the paint.

Not that.... I am taking about the brick-like object....

Car looks super clean btw.

Goose17

Established Member
Not that.... I am taking about the brick-like object....

Car looks super clean btw.

Ahhhhh! I bought a combo package of 1:18 model cars on eBay to get an über rare 2000 Cobra R model variant I hadn’t seen before. In the package was a 99 silver Mustang GT. I put it there for 2 reasons... 1. To see if someone wanted to buy it on the cheap and 2. Make people aware of the big lip that sticks out and to not hit it with their feet.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ahhhhh! I bought a combo package of 1:18 model cars on eBay to get an über rare 2000 Cobra R model variant I hadn’t seen before. In the package was a 99 silver Mustang GT. I put it there for 2 reasons... 1. To see if someone wanted to buy it on the cheap and 2. Make people aware of the big lip that sticks out and to not hit it with their feet.
Pretty clever, Goose. Do you ever get concerned about people brushing up against the paint? You take great care in getting the car to an event, and there isn't all that much space between cars.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great pics as usual, especially that one without the front splitter. It’s amazing much that changes the car. From the splitter to the power dome to the wing and side exhaust, the ‘00R is a special package.
-J

Goose17

Established Member
Pretty clever, Goose. Do you ever get concerned about people brushing up against the paint? You take great care in getting the car to an event, and there isn't all that much space between cars.

Thanks Bob. I had a major hiccup early that morning with a dead battery in my truck that put me hitting the road much later than planned. I ended up parking in the middle because of it. The good news is the crowd was all Mustang enthusiasts and were very respectful of other people’s cars. Some even posed with the car for pics, but I never once saw anyone touch or rub against it.

It is safely back in the bat cave in the same condition it left.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good pictures, thanks. I wanted to go but totally forgot about this. Oh well.

RapidRunner

Established Member
I loaded the R into my trailer and drove about an hour to the Texas Mustang Invasion car show yesterday. It was a SEA of Mustangs! My registration # was 457... I’m guessing there were 600 Stangs there with a bunch from every year grouping. There was an entire row of Terminators with quite a few others scattered about as well as a bunch of 07-14 GT500s. My car was the only Cobra R there. It got a ton of attention/love for a 19-20 year old car and I answered many questions. I did a lot of walking around to check out the other cars, but each time I came back, there was a crowd of people around the car... fun day!

View attachment 1602751

View attachment 1602752

View attachment 1602753

View attachment 1602754

View attachment 1602755

View attachment 1602756
Great Pics!!!

Users who are viewing this thread