Took the new GTR to the drags

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Went on a cruise with some friends. There was a photography enthusiast along for the ride and he got some great shots of the car.

FB_IMG_1464621059488_zpsov9gfnlf.jpg

GTR%20ROLLER%204_zpsdwnp6dua.jpg

GTR%20ROLLER%206_zpswr0ybnpq.jpg

GTR%20ROLLER%207_zps6dkqus7r.jpg

Last edited:

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
beautiful car, always loved gtr's. Too expensive to make fast for my taste, but I'll just live vicariously through you guys that have them lol.

earico

Established Member
Well I snapped my OEM passenger side rear axle at the drags in December. I knew I was right on the edge of what they could handle. After 1.5 years of drags, street and 1/2 mile events it finally let loose. Snapped on the hit.

Pulled the trans pan and valve body. Inspected the inside of the trans to see if anything else broke just from the shock loads. Everything looked fine. Cleaned the inside of the trans all up and put it back together. Then installed the axles and she's back on the road. With the holidays and just everyday responsibilities I just now had time to get it all done. Sucked not driving it for 2 months.

IMAG5509_zpsrk2njc6k.jpg

IMAG5636_zps420q8xxz.jpg

IMAG5614_zpst0ubzvas.jpg

IMAG5641_zpszmprs2iy.jpg

IMAG5647_zpshclylgrz.jpg

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
So if you had to do it all over again would you still of done the turbo/trans upgrades or just boltons/e85 tune and been done with it?

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Goodness that's fast. But my god it's ugly and waaaaaay over due for a change. Good news is the Sentra now looks like the gtr front. Bad news is the gtr looks like Sentra now. Nissan makes some fugly cars. See leaf , murano conv, puke , titan , Altima. But man is the gtr fast.

earico

Established Member
You going to TX2K17?

Nah, I haven't been to that since 2001. Not really my scene. My friends think I'm crazy for not going.

So if you had to do it all over again would you still of done the turbo/trans upgrades or just boltons/e85 tune and been done with it?

I had a FBO e85 car for over 2 years before this one. I pick this one hands down. So much fun.

Holy Mother of God these GTR's never cease to amaze me. They are like bringing a hydrogen bomb to a pillow fight.

Awesome car OP!

Thanks man!

Goodness that's fast. But my god it's ugly and waaaaaay over due for a change. Good news is the Sentra now looks like the gtr front. Bad news is the gtr looks like Sentra now. Nissan makes some fugly cars. See leaf , murano conv, puke , titan , Altima. But man is the gtr fast.

I agree it's long overdue for a real update. The styling is subjective. Reminds me of the comments about Supras in the late 90s. I should have kept that damn car. SMH. I keeping this GTR a long time.

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
Goddamn the GTR is a god amongst cars...defies the laws of physics and then some. Beastly looking GTR you have there...enjoy it!

I agree it's long overdue for a real update. The styling is subjective. Reminds me of the comments about Supras in the late 90s. I should have kept that damn car. SMH. I keeping this GTR a long time.

lol..what kind of comments did you get regarding your supra back in the day?? :p

earico

Established Member
Goddamn the GTR is a god amongst cars...defies the laws of physics and then some. Beastly looking GTR you have there...enjoy it!

lol..what kind of comments did you get regarding your supra back in the day?? :p

You know, the typical man that thing is fast but it's ugly. Same thing people say about GTRs.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I love your GTR OP, still one of my all time favorite cars, Hopefully one day I can buy one

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Goddamn the GTR is a god amongst cars...defies the laws of physics and then some.
How in any way does this defy the laws of physics and then some? sack ride much? lol

Nice ride Earico... Have you came to any of the saturday night meets up north? Been a little while since I've been.

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
How in any way does this defy the laws of physics and then some? sack ride much? lol

Nice ride Earico... Have you came to any of the saturday night meets up north? Been a little while since I've been.

Maybe not by today's standards but when the r35 came out almost a decade ago, despite being hundreds of lbs heavier than its competitors it cleaned house on the drag strips and on the tracks. Its been a game changer in the automotive world. Were still talking about an almost decade old platform

Users who are viewing this thread