Tool 03 cobra owner.**long read**

porshh951

Established Member
Well I am bored so I thought I would tell you about this past wednesday's night meet at Mo's. I had just gotten back from a ride in a friends supra swapped is300 when my friends run up to us laughing their asses off. I'm like wtf what's going on? They proceed to tell me there is a guy over there that supposedly has a 03 cobra that 230mph!!!:lol: I asked if they laid into him already and they said no....they were saving him for me.lol. Cool so which kid is it. They point to this younger teen's guy in a black beater with black spikey hair and a ****y eye. He is standing in a group of about 6-7 other guy's.

I walk up causually and ask
me"so who's the guy that went 230mph in his 03cobra?"
they all point to the same guy.
tool"yeah that's me.....wuz up my name is _______"
me trying not to laugh to much right off the bat"So where's your cobra?"
tool"I wrapped it around a tree at 40mph....it's totalled now"
me"hmmm sorry to hear that"
tool"yeah it sucks but, I will have another soon"
me"so what was done to the car"
tool"umm I'm not going to say"
me"why not....it's not like you own the car anymore"
tool"well I have a friend that works for Ford and he did the mods"
me"well what were they"
tool" well it had a pulley/CAI/exhaust system......."
me"that's it?!?"
tool"well it has some secret mods"

I ain't shitting you he actually said it had secrect mods...:bash:

me"and you went 230mph ....huh"
tool"yeah my friend was in the car and everything"
me"so what GPS system were you using?"
tool"GPS?"
me"yeah ...well your speedo only go's to 160mph.....without GPS how did you know how fast you were going?"
tool"uhhhhh"
me" You will need a car with 800 ****ing hp to run that fast....mustang's aren't great on areodynamics......after 140mph the only thing that get's you moving is hp and alot of it"
tool"well my friend was there and he works for ford so I think he would know"
me"great so your friend is physic?"
tool"look I don't have to explain it to you......I know what my car did!"
me"with the mods you were running you were prolly around 425-440rwhp.....and that aint near what would be needed to push a 3500lb brick through the air.
me"it was a coupe right?"
tool"no it was a vert actually!"
me"lol....really so you had a car that weigh's in at 3700lbs with 430rwhp and you went 230mph huh.....lol...
tool"well how fast do you think that car was capable of....I know of lots of stock guy's doing 180mph+....."
me"really ....lol...no shit...lol.. Your car on it's best day could probably do 175-180mph.....ofcourse their still would be no way to say that for sure without GPS"
tool"whatever dude.......wtf do you drive"
me"what I drive has no bearing on weither or not you went 230mph in your cobra......but, I drive a 951 if you must know"
tool" Well I have a GT at home let's take them out and run them and if I pull you on the freeway then we know I did what I say did"
me"lmao how the **** does that have to do with anything.lol"
me" but, I will race your GT no problem....go and get it"
tool"well it's at home and I road with a friend and he is my ride so I can't go and get it right now anyways"
me"lol...whatever kid. What you need to do is go read some books on car's and learn a thing or two before you actually come out here and spit bullshit.
me"I mean I have never actually hered anyone say that much crap at once before....you need to make your bullshit atleast somewhat believeable and semi- realistic"

At this point all of his friends started asking me question's about all kinds of shit and started laughing a little under the breath at their own friend.

It's amazing the kids you run into sometimes. What a moron. This kind of stuff makes cobra owner's look real bad. I know he doesn't represent you guy's at all.....if you run into some kid with a so-called 03 cobra that did 230mph....you can laugh about it and say you already hered it.lol.

Snap On must of been having a two for one sale this week...I have run into alot of tool's lately.:bash: :kaboom: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I've had people tell me that Z06s have a "turbo boost button" that you can push to make it go really fast.

Adults.

:nonono:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Dude has to be on crack because not even the Ford GT can go that fast. I don't think even the Ferrari Enzo can go that fast. . maybe barely?

Maybe he meant KILOMETERS an hour and he's from Canada, eh.

230 Kmh = 143 Mph

Now that's reasonable. But it is no feat since I've done a little over 150 MPH on the stock blower/pulley/tune.....

MAYBE HE HAD THE SUPER SECRET BOOST BYPASS MOD!!!!!!!!!! :loser: probably some super oil additive and NOS Octane booster too!

Last edited:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Hey I might be on this guys side. He was probably going downhill with the wind.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I hope you're kidding. It's not possible. He probably never even had a Cobra.

Originally posted by ampstang
Hey I might be on this guys side. He was probably going downhill with the wind.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Maybe he got his cobra mixed up with my GT. Wait, never mind, mine did 250mph. Never mind, my brain just masturbated.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
I hope you're kidding. It's not possible. He probably never even had a Cobra.

Joking. That would have to be quite a hill.

LandShark

Established Member
maybe he ran it in the middle of Charley coming ashore with a 150 mph tailwind. That would eliminate most of the air push on the frontend, however, it would probably fly with any change in wind direction (which tends to happen occasionally in a hurricane).

LOL

LS

porshh951

Established Member
yeah it was pretty crazy. I have never actually hered anyone claiming they did 230mph before. It was a funny expeirence to say the very least. I almost thought about taking out my camera and snapping a photo of him to post...lol. I decided against it. He walked over eventually to another group of people no doubt spitting the same story about his 03 cobra.

What a idiot. He doesn't deserve a 03 cobra even if he had one.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Originally posted by 71stang99
perhaps when he wrapped it around the tree at 40 he suffered extensive brain damage?

No doubt...

My LTD has done 210mph...
It's because I have the 3.8L V6 - if I'd pressed my turbo boost button, I'd be able to do 260!
lol

I think that turbo boost kid got that from the button on KITT from the old show knight rider -
I've only seen one episode, and he took his car and launched it into a building to save a girl after pushing the turbo boost button!
LOL

Anyways, yeah it's BS, but funny BS...

For the record, RUF tuned Porsche 911 turbos go to 248mph on the autobahn in the early hours, and even then only sometimes... Usually you see another car and you have to shut it down...
And that's with tons of work done to them that makes them $350,000 USD cars.
The Porsche's factory GT2 has a top speed of 198mph

Your 951 (944 turbo) will easily do about 240 km/h with some chip tuning and a straight ribbon - hell, maybe faster, I don't remember....

My LTD has done 201km/h on the Coquihalla with me behind the wheel, but it got super scary at that point and I shut her down
Don't think it would've gained much anyways - I likely could've gone a bit faster, but likely it would take me all the way to meritt to get any more speed, I figured it was better to just put it in cruise and let it go

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread