Top 3 Things You Love About The GT500

Snoopy49

Established Member
I don't have to replace the following parts as soon as I get the car home.
1. Tires
2. Shifter
3. Rear suspension parts.

Breitling

Established Member
Splitter wickers, this sounds like something you might need if you wear a G-string.

LOL. So the "splitter wickers" was what Ford listed in the GT500 brochure that was in Post #9 of the front page article from SID. Same with the Cobra puddle lamps. I just thought those sounded funny. Plus, the tremAc DCT was a real gem too.

Willie

Established Member
Well Ford lovers, not all of us are in the same boat. I for one, like all American muscle cars or certain generations (NOT the current Camaro though). And although I love my GT500, I also love my 87 Z28 convertible and my 2009 Holden Ute. As for the current variant of the GT500.... hmmm..... Honestly, I would buy a dozen current Camaros, which I really don't like, before I touch this GT500 (sorry, man).. So the three reasons why I do NOT like it >>

3. Total ricer wing, the front styling is atrocious.
2. Ground effects (front and side) look like add-ons, layer upon layer. Not integrated, but looks added on to a prior design (cheap),
1) No doubt it will be priced beyond an average American's income... which was not the case only 10 years ago...

Performance? I have no idea, BUT rest assured that with every succeeding design, things always get better, so if I'm still alive when the next complete restyling happens, I'll be happier than a clam with my 2008, which was built on my b-day...

Here's my 2 cents on why Ford has not released a final hp / torque data. Originally, this car made 720 hp (the goal was to surpass 707) and this figure was going to be published with the release of the car. But then Dodge totally upset the game plan when they shocked the world with the Red eye (797). Ford had to recover from reeling backwards and decided that 720 figure could not be released. But with virtually no time for further development, they introduced the car without an exact figure. They are most likely tuning and super tuning as I type this, trying to get to 770 or so, which puts it in the same ballpark as 797.

Users who are viewing this thread