Top Gun Maverick: Review hopefully no major spoilers

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Top Gun...the OG...isn't a dated movie like some movies can be. You can still watch it and it be great.....promise ;) I highly recommend against watching the 2nd without having watched the first..HIGHLY.
Its on my list to watch. Recently, ive been watching a ton of older movies that I vaguely remembered as a child. Alien/s, Godfather, True Lies, Commando, Big Trouble in Little China, etc.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm with ya Bob, I have a 77 OLED- ARC/Sonos Sub w/rears- Panasonic 4K player . IMax is great, but I swear, I prefer watching them at the house!
Oh yeah. I'm with ya on that. I'll watch it at home.
82", Klipsch, Monolith, Marantz, Atmos... Hell, I even have the damn Dream Loungers! And the beer is priced right. lol

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm also someone who prefers watching movies on my 65" OLED and 7.1 system in my comfort of my man cave. However, there are some movies that need to be experienced in the Dolby Theater. With the exception of Interstellar, I can't think of another movie that warrants that experience more than Top Gun Maverick. I don't see it there, you're doing yourself a disservice.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I'm also someone who prefers watching movies on my 65" OLED and 7.1 system in my comfort of my man cave. However, there are some movies that need to be experienced in the Dolby Theater. With the exception of Interstellar, I can't think of another movie that warrants that experience more than Top Gun Maverick. I don't see it there, you're doing yourself a disservice.

I hardly ever go, ernt for Interstellar, the last 007 and Tennet. I have tickets for Top Gun on Saturday in MX4D. Should be cool, haven't seen anything with the motion effects yet, should be the perfect movie for it.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure the wife has the original on the dvr, because it’s always on the tv at my house. Just a matter of time before we see this one.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Saw it, liked it.

I read a bit about the making of this movie before we went and saw it. Knowing that the cockpit views are the actual actors under g force load was cool. If you're looking for accuracy, this movie isn't for you. Also the enemy is never identified, not Russian, not Chinese, nothing. I'm assuming it's because this movie will be marketed globally. They keep on referring to the enemy aircraft as "Gen 5" whatever that is.

Entertaining flick.

Your government is lying to you

blk02edge

Established Member
Saw it, liked it.

I read a bit about the making of this movie before we went and saw it. Knowing that the cockpit views are the actual actors under g force load was cool. If you're looking for accuracy, this movie isn't for you. Also the enemy is never identified, not Russian, not Chinese, nothing. I'm assuming it's because this movie will be marketed globally. They keep on referring to the enemy aircraft as "Gen 5" whatever that is.

Entertaining flick.

Your government is lying to you
Fifth gen fighters are a real thing and those were SU-57's which are real gen 5 fighters

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
9k=(52).jpg

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Saw it tonight with the wife. We both really enjoyed it. I was also born after the original came out and I think I was more excited for it than my parents.

And anyone that comes out of that movie with more bad to say than good went in wanting to dislike it. Jmo

afcobra01

Established Member
It was really well done. My son never saw the first one so I had to explain some things to him. The mission was the same as the original Star Wars when they have to blow up the Death Star.
This. For sure we made the same comment while we were watching the movie. My wife is still active Navy after 30 years and she always loves a good Navy flick. Motivates her for the next 30. She will never quit.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This. For sure we made the same comment while we were watching the movie. My wife is still active Navy after 30 years and she always loves a good Navy flick. Motivates her for the next 30. She will never quit.
Damn, she must be a rock star!

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
If you suspend your belief in the laws of physics and just roll with it you'll be ok. Kept waiting for one of the kid pilots to use Luke Skywalkers line about hitting the exhaust port. "I used to bulls eye womp rats with my T-16 back home."

Users who are viewing this thread