tork tech numbers and high iats

superstang01

Established Member
So my tork tech terminator kit with a 2.93 pulley put down 405rwhp and 425rwtq. I need to go back for a retune because I ran out of fuel and need a boost a pump.

Also,my IATs are 142 at idle, does anyone know what could cause this? My tuner said they should be around 120. It was also nearly 90 degrees today, would that make the IATs higher?

I used some 90 degree elbows that fit inside the 3/4 inch rad hoses i used for my heat exchanger/intercooler. Could that restrict flow enough to cause it to get that hot? I was told to get away from the elbows because of this...

superstang01

Established Member
is proper lay out of the cooling system critical to it working properly? I made the stupid mistake of running my hoses in the wrong order!

USACHMP

Established Member
Every elbow you have is going to drop the pressure getting to where it needs to go. Should have minimum as possible. Intakes should be close to ambient in a good system

Tmangt281

New GT Poster
Established Member
What heat exchanger are you running? What lower are you running?

Idling and not moving much air over the heat exchanger or through the motor might lend to higher iat.

I don't have the same setup, but here's a few numbers from my 2.6kb with a Afco GT 500 dual pass heat exchanger with fans in place. Driving idling and pulling on the dyno.
3.25"sc/6.5"crank (seeing10psi) 117*on a 90 degree day
3.0"sc/7.5" crank (seeing 16psi) 135* on a 104 degree day

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread