Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coyote because resale value

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Been looking hardcore at Tork Tech kits and Coyotes. Reason being, a friend and I are swapping cars. My 65 project for his clean 00 GT. So I'm trying to make plans to wake the 2v car up.

Tork tech kit wise, I have a set of deka 60's and a bunch of left over Terminator parts from a friends multitude of Termi builds. Also, we are taking his steig 5 off (complete) his termi vert, and I was told it's mine if I want it for the GT. So at this point, it's the TT kit, brackets, cables, HE, and WP plus fuel pumps and a tune. Should net 4-425 or so on 10lbs

Or, coyote swap. This is obviously much more expensive. Roughly 2-3 time the cost of doing a Tork Tech 2v, and roughly 3 times the amount of work. Both net mid 400s. Ceiling is definitely higher on the Yote' but I also like the eaton whine.

I'm leaning towards Tork Tech simply because I can do it in the garage largely by myself in a week. Rather than dismantling a perfectly good car and doing a Coyote swap. Also, coyote swaps are becoming prolific like LS swaps. The 2v has plenty of potential and parts are cheaper than 4v's.

GodStang

Established Member
As far as swap the coyote is way better than TT, BUT with it being a 2000 GT the money invested in the Coyote is just not worth it. So in your instance I would do the TT even though the Coyote would be a better build. If that makes sense.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
unless you just came upon a screaming deal on a yote I'd probably do the tork tech due to simplicity and fact that you have so much of it already

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Glad to see i'm not crazy and my train of thought works.

Everything I have read, the 2v, especially forged, is extremely capable with the kit. You can make damn near terminator power and being it uses the same flange, it levels the playing field in a lot of ways with access to the same blowers.

Couple of cars I have found with basic forged bottom ends, ported heads, and mild cams on ported blowers are all mid 500's. Thats very respectable considering that's a similar number you'd see from a terminator.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I plan on my setup making around 650+ With the Tork Tech Kit.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Glad to see i'm not crazy and my train of thought works.

Everything I have read, the 2v, especially forged, is extremely capable with the kit. You can make damn near terminator power and being it uses the same flange, it levels the playing field in a lot of ways with access to the same blowers.

Couple of cars I have found with basic forged bottom ends, ported heads, and mild cams on ported blowers are all mid 500's. Thats very respectable considering that's a similar number you'd see from a terminator.

There's a member here @Sinultros that had a badass 2v that made more power than his Terminator. Not sure how different the setups were but it was nice to see a 2V make that kind of power.

GodStang

Established Member
There's a member here @Sinultros that had a badass 2v that made more power than his Terminator. Not sure how different the setups were but it was nice to see a 2V make that kind of power.

Sinultrous is a good friend and I know both cars and the two builds can not be compared.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

I have a garage full of Small block ford. But nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, can compare to the smooth reliable driving of a modular when handing the keys to the wife. I know I can put her in this GT and she can get to work or wherever, eaton or coyote.

I had a big motored fox with full FTBR IRS/CO's on track tires. It was just too much car for her.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Can the 2v heads support bigger valves? Pair it with a more aggressive cam and you should have a good set of heads to start making power with.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Speaking from experience, the tork tech is very crude, its 100% made in the dudes garage. It'll work but it isn't pretty.

I also don't think coyote swaps are becoming as prolific as LS swaps. People who get a boner over junkyard van engines still say the coyote is too expensive and large.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking from experience, the tork tech is very crude, its 100% made in the dudes garage. It'll work but it isn't pretty.

I also don't think coyote swaps are becoming as prolific as LS swaps. People who get a boner over junkyard van engines still say the coyote is too expensive and large.
The 5.3 also has the aftermarket that makes it a plug and play these days.

I tried doing a 5.3 into a 2nd Gen Camaro 10 years ago and what a cluster ****. Today it would cost a third as much.

I'd like to see more people build Hemi 5.7s.

Coyote sounds like ass.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
The 5.3 also has the aftermarket that makes it a plug and play these days.

I tried doing a 5.3 into a 2nd Gen Camaro 10 years ago and what a cluster ****. Today it would cost a third as much.

I'd like to see more people build Hemi 5.7s.

I've seen quite a few hellcat swaps recently, I think that'll get more trendy. I don't see the 5.7's taking off with the 6.2 SC and 6.4's out. Hell I don't think people mess with the 6.1's anymore really.

Coyote sounds like ass.

Honestly I think the real problem is ford moving to the rear mounted mufflers. Most coyote swapped SN95's still have "that mustang sound". Hell, a guy on the marauder forum swapped one into a marauder with the factory exhaust, and it sounded 90% like stock, until the RPM's went well past 6200rpm lol

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
People who get a boner over junkyard van engines still say the coyote is too expensive and large.
Literally me a work:
giphy.gif

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

About the only thing “crude” is the coolant crossover. The rest is nice. Is it 100% bolt on? No but neither is a $6k Hellion Turbo Kit. Sure, I plan to modify my kit a little but it is purely because of a look I have in my mind.

And lol at the van engine. Guys that talk about how cheap and good LS swaps are had for are usually on their fourth engine in a years time.

The 1st pig built his house with straw and the Big Bad Baller Wolf used his basketball skills to destroy it.

Users who are viewing this thread