Torque converter lockup - comparisons ?

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Has anyone here done any back-to-back comparisons of torque converter lockup strategies and their effects on dyno numbers / 1/4 mile times, etc. I'm trying to gather data to come up with a decent enough strategy guide for better 1/4 times. If there is also data comparing leaving the t/c unlocked vs. locked, that would be helpful also.

TIA

Bird

fullboogie

Established Member
Bird, there's a lot of good info on the SCT forum about this. A few guys are doing a lot of R&D to get this figured out.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Going to have to read up on this! It is easy to hear that most Lightnings leave something on the table with trans. functions. Hope this thread generates some feedback.
Jim

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
My tuner actually put a locked up torque converter tune on my x-cal. It locks up as soon as you step on the pedal. I never even tried it at the track. I never have tried it at all come to think about it. Looks like I'll have to give it a try some time. I do remember that it made a slight difference on the total HP to the rear. It was just off by like 1 or 2 HP. Other than that I don't know how it will effect the transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread