Torque Specs

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Can someone tell me the torque specs for the blower to the lower intake? I am installing the Whipple and that is that is all I need to get the job done. I tried searching but came up with nothing. Thanks in advance.:beer: Paul

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the help but that thread doesn't have the torque specs for the blower just the lower intake. Does anyone have the torque specs for the blower?

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
i can say this.. there is no way that 18ft pounds with an additional 90 degree turn is gonna yield 25ft lbs.. no way. Try like an additional 25ft lbs on top of the 18ft lbs. I am installing my staged 1 blower as i speak and i have done enough to where i am just gonna use the BRAIN method since I have no torque wrench on hand. it was cool to see this post though LOL

TRBO VNM

My helm manual states for the whole assembly to the heads is 89 lb-in.

the specs posted above for the blower to lower intake are correct. although the helm manual doesn't state that it equals 25lb-ft

Tims97SVT

Established Member
HOLD ON like trbo vnm says 89inch lb if you make thoes bolts 25ft lb your gona be crying the blues man. Where are you guys getting the 25 ft lb?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

HOLD ON like trbo vnm says 89inch lb if you make thoes bolts 25ft lb your gona be crying the blues man. Where are you guys getting the 25 ft lb?

no, what they are saying the 25lb-ft is from the blower to the lower intake. And not a direct 25lb-ft. Just saying that the final stage ends up equaling 25. I just do it by the book myself.

the 89 is the lower intake to the heads and does not have a 3 step processes.

Users who are viewing this thread