Touch-up before and after?

jshaw4

Established Member
I have several rock chips I want to try and fix. I just ordered some Motorcraft touch up paint from LMR and I’m going to try it out on one to see how it comes out.

Anyone have any experience using these pens? How did it turn out? Before and after pics would be awesome!

KEVINS

Established Member
I've never tried pens but I use lacquer paint in a spray can. I spray some of it into the lid then let it sit for about 10 minutes to evaporate most of the solvent so it becomes thick. Then while it's thick I brush it into the rock chip. I put a nice large puddle into the area then let it dry for about 40 minutes. It really shrinks down once the rest of the solvent evaporates so I repeat this process until it dries just a little thicker than the actual paint. Then I sand the spot with 3000 grit and polish it. Can't tell it's even there.

ks

jshaw4

Established Member
I've never tried pens but I use lacquer paint in a spray can. I spray some of it into the lid then let it sit for about 10 minutes to evaporate most of the solvent so it becomes thick. Then while it's thick I brush it into the rock chip. I put a nice large puddle into the area then let it dry for about 40 minutes. It really shrinks down once the rest of the solvent evaporates so I repeat this process until it dries just a little thicker than the actual paint. Then I sand the spot with 3000 grit and polish it. Can't tell it's even there.

ks
Appreciate the tip!

bceeezy

Established Member
I personally haven't tried it, but I've heard of some great results with Dr. Colorchip

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thndr8

Established Member
I get great results with Dr Colorchip. I usually fill the chip, let dry overnight, and polish it down smooth with a buffer then apply ceramic coat over that. If you screw it up, use brake cleaner to clean it up and start over.

Users who are viewing this thread