Towing review for new EV Lightning (vid)

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
For what it's worth: I just filled up my 2020 F150 2.7 ecoboost with a 36 gallon tank at lunchtime today. I pulled into the (self service) gas station at 12:46 PM - I left the gas station at 12:49 PM...a 3 minute fill up. I pumped 19 gallons. I can now drive my truck from Pembroke, Massachusetts (where I am at today)...to North Carolina. Around 700 miles, with plenty of fuel to spare. I'll fill it up again in North Carolina (in 3 - 5 minuets pump time) and be on my way to FL, another 500 miles. My F150 pollutes less than any EV. It's probably lighter than most EV's, and is very recyclable as well. All in all - I believe my F150 is gentler to the environment than any EV.
Ya but how many plug ins does your truck have?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
How's Ford going to answer for this if the Silverado EV comes out and it ends up managing to actually get a decent amount of range while towing? I can't believe they would even release the truck without remedying this issue with towing.

The L was a first to market push to beat the Silverado, which because of it's dedicated EV platform (not modified like the L), will have many advantages. They are a good few years behind GM on their dedicated EV platforms and battery production, and had to strike first.

The piece I think Chevy really stuck it (or will stick it) to Ford is they have not really touted their EV's "work truck" credentials, rather more of a people and their gear mover. It has lower tow rating and weight capacity in general. They surely knew the drastic range losses with towing, and have chosen not to tout that part quite as loudly as Ford has. Whereas Ford really focused a lot of their advertising on it's work capability, which is obviously coming back to bite them.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
The L was a first to market push to beat the Silverado, which because of it's dedicated EV platform (not modified like the L), will have many advantages. They are a good few years behind GM on their dedicated EV platforms and battery production, and had to strike first.

The piece I think Chevy really stuck it (or will stick it) to Ford is they have not really touted their EV's "work truck" credentials, rather more of a people and their gear mover. It has lower tow rating and weight capacity in general. They surely knew the drastic range losses with towing, and have chosen not to tout that part quite as loudly as Ford has. Whereas Ford really focused a lot of their advertising on it's work capability, which is obviously coming back to bite them.
Please tell me it crab walks.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
But guys, Solid State Batteries! Lol!

Yeah, we are working on that tech and so far it is worse than our Lithium Ion. Working with Lithium Ion, I would never buy an EV. At least not with the tech we currently have.

But hey, I’m just a calibrated monkey.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SS batteries are no where close to being a viable alternative. This is a bigger pipe dream then the overall EV push.

But just remember, “the tech will get there”. Until it doesn’t lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

TRASH.

ron-swanson.gif

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Alex Jones is pretty retarded... but nice backpedalling from Hoovie too

I saw that after finishing the video after I posted it here. He talks about how Ford reached out and was disappointed and then backpeddles hard on everything he said prior in the first video after completely dogging on it.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I saw that after finishing the video after I posted it here. He talks about how Ford reached out and was disappointed and then backpeddles hard on everything he said prior in the first video after completely dogging on it.
No one has a backbone anymore. The truck sucks. Hoovie knows it but caved. I’m sure Ford had a nice way of saying “back peddle or we will ruin your life”.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
No one has a backbone anymore. The truck sucks. Hoovie knows it but caved. I’m sure Ford had a nice way of saying “back peddle or we will ruin your life”.

He mentioned that Ford spokesman reach out to him and mentioned how upset the engineers were seeing his video. She was probably like "The engineers are just upset and so crushed at your review! So upset that we've been forced to consult Ford's slew of attorneys to come after you so fix it or ELSE!"

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Hoovie episodes now brought to you by Ford.

He loses a lot of credibility with this pivot.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't think he was backpedaling all that bad. He said he likes the electronics. Even with those, he said they will be a nightmare down the road when it fails.
He stuck to his guns about the towing and range etc.

He's pretty much saying it's good, as long as you dont use it for actual truck stuff. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread