Towing....

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Saw this a few weeks ago and wondered if anyone towed with their "performance" (sports car) vehicle? Now for all I know this guy packed up all his stuff and was moving across the counrty, who knows, maybe he was just making a trip to good will? Trailer looked to be 4' X 8'.

So anyone here do this? Just curious.
0ce7.jpg

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I thought my explorer was a performance vehicle while pulling a boat. The head gasket didn't think so.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I would never do it, but I have seen V8 Mustangs and Camaros with trailer hitches installed.

This Lamborghini would have no problem with the jet ski.
The AWD would be great for the slick launch ramp.

orange+aventador+towing+jet+skit+lamborghini.JPG

96 cobra

Established Member
Quite a few vette guys tow small trailers to autocross events (spare set of rims/tires, tools etc). Just don't exceed the car's towing capabilities, use common sense & you'll be fine.

Thehubster

Established Member
wow. I have a focus and i know a few people that have pulled pretty large things with them. i could never bring myself to do that to my poor car though.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
That was my thought, I have a 350 Powerstroke. I figured if you've got the cash for a nice car, you could have a cheap tow beater a very least.

I think this thought process ifs a fundamental flaw in people. It always seems people assume that because you have X means you can afford Y. I find it to generally not be the case specifically when dealing with cars and houses.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Yep, I do. I've got an Ecoboost F-150 FX4, but I only tow the car to races that are really far away. When I go to my 2 local tracks I drag the little trailer with everything inside. I get a lot of funny looks and laughed at but when they see the cars first pass, their expressions usually change.

PullingtrailertoLondon_zps929932e9.jpg

3C0F7E19-4067-43AB-97AA-4CA52CC2EC33-495-000000DAA99C8FC4.jpg

Long range hauler.

042bcbf7.jpg

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Here ya go brother…..LOL

B8D10B9D-91F5-45A7-A4DF-D81FA51BAD79-495-000000DACE509027.jpg

5ACC8193-F6F3-4BC3-B053-AF42F55F4F2D-495-000000DAB6047CB4.jpg

OK, I better clarify, the track owner is a really great guy who lets us rent the track and just have some fun. On this day there was about 20 of us who had the track rented and I asked if these pics could be taken. He said it was fine but STRESSED if I even got into 2nd gear going down the track after the pics, I'd have to stand at the entry gate to ever even see a race there again lol. Needless to say, I made a slow, first gear pass.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Tow pig and race car lol. If the truck breaks you can haul it home lol.

You got that right. V8 needs to be pulling the V6:beer:

Quade you have a "true" 9 second street car.

Right back at ya Boss. Our whole race crew (you, 03_KYL, S174, JLear, MustangCrazyBJ and me) has 9-10 second street cars that we drive to the track, pull our numbers and drive back home. Awesome group.

Users who are viewing this thread