Toyo R888's

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Will 335/30-18 fit on a 18x10.50 rim? Also is that a 28" tire?

335/30/18 = 26" Overall Diameter

335/30/18 Toyo R888's on AFS 18x10.5 wheels with 3/8" spacers and low profile IRS bolts:
EO1UFVJ.jpg

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Will 335/30-18 fit on a 18x10.50 rim? Also is that a 28" tire?

No use if your not using a wider rim. Using a 10.5" rim with 315's will not even fully seat it's whole contact patch on the road let alone a 335. The rest of the contact patch is tappered upward and forms a bulge.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
No use if your not using a wider rim. Using a 10.5" rim with 315's will not even fully seat it's whole contact patch on the road let alone a 335. The rest of the contact patch is tappered upward and forms a bulge.

I posted a picture of a R888 335 on a 10.5 wheel right above your reply.

What part of the 335/35/18 contact patch is not on the ground?

A 315 would fit even better then the one shown.:shrug:

YuGneLrn2Day

Established Member

^^^+1 :pop: Would i need a spacer if I'm SRA?

Last edited:

Sick SVT

Established Member
335/30/18 = 26" Overall Diameter

335/30/18 Toyo R888's on AFS 18x10.5 wheels with 3/8" spacers and low profile IRS bolts:
EO1UFVJ.jpg

Well that just about answers that. An answer to your question and a pic! Looks great. Do it! :banana:

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member

My point is a 315 and a 335 tire will have the same amount of contact patch on the road with the same width rim. If that wasn't fact everyone would still be running the stock 17x9 rims out back and squeezing a 335 on it...

LordVader04

Established Member
I'm in the same dilemma! Not sure if I want to pick up 315-35-18 toyo Tq or 335-30-18 R888s!

At your power level the TQs will be worthless. I have the 315/35/18s and they have 500 miles on them and are almost shot, if you have a pulled eaton they would probably work, but I am just going back to the Thompsons like I should have before buying the TQs. The R888s do look badass, but I have no experience with them.

Last edited:

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
At your power level the TQs will be worthless. I have the 315/35/18s and they have 500 miles on them and are almost shot, if you have a pulled eaton they would probably work, but I am just going back to the Thompsons like I should have before buying the TQs. The R888s do look badass, but I have no experience with them.

Lol that's not good! With my winter mods, I should be knocking on 800hp.
But I'd like to get a nice drag radial with sidewall.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

This is pretty accurate. I love the TQs but they don't last long at all. You will get better traction for longer with temps over 80 tho. They suck in cold air.

I have the 305/35/18 R888s right now. Love the fit on the 11" rim, and they hook good in warmer temps....but I honestly need something like the thompsons or a drag pack to consistently hook. Think I'm going to either get a ccw, TF or Weld drag pack and just run around on those full time. Save my CCW sp500s with the R888s for car shows or meets.

MikesCobra

Established Member

This is completely SUBJECTIVE> I am not sure what your driving habits are or how often you do burn outs... however I have about 8 track passes with burnouts on mine and nearly a full year of daily driving, they are just now bald and I just reordered a new set. They are the baddest tire around for a drag radial AT THAT PRICE LEVEL, of course Mickeys are bad ass as well but more money. I could stand on it in first gear in the street and my cobra at 460 RWHP will DEAD HOOK>:beer::rockon::rockon:

LordVader04

Established Member
Lol that's not good! With my winter mods, I should be knocking on 800hp.
But I'd like to get a nice drag radial with sidewall.

Yeah I think you might just want to run bigs and littles and call it a day lol! Your new set up sounds nasty, but when I bought my car it had the Mickey 305/35/18s and they lasted 6k miles, and I think I went to the track 3 times with them. They are not as wide as the TQs and do not look as good as the R888s, but they hook on the street!

LordVader04

Established Member
This is completely SUBJECTIVE> I am not sure what your driving habits are or how often you do burn outs... however I have about 8 track passes with burnouts on mine and nearly a full year of daily driving, they are just now bald and I just reordered a new set. They are the baddest tire around for a drag radial AT THAT PRICE LEVEL, of course Mickeys are bad ass as well but more money. I could stand on it in first gear in the street and my cobra at 460 RWHP will DEAD HOOK>:beer::rockon::rockon:

I probably drive a little more spiritedly than some:rockon: and my car is not a daily driver, but the difference between a 460hp car and a 600hp TS/auto car is night and day:beer: if or when you upgrade to a larger blower believe me the TQs are not the tire you want, JMO:beer:

MikesCobra

Established Member
I probably drive a little more spiritedly than some:rockon: and my car is not a daily driver, but the difference between a 460hp car and a 600hp TS/auto car is night and day:beer: if or when you upgrade to a larger blower believe me the TQs are not the tire you want, JMO:beer:

Yeah I hear you, they work really well at my level, and I am in agreement with you that once I get a whipple or tvs the car will probably need mickeys... what have you found to work best at your level?

LordVader04

Established Member
Yeah I hear you, they work really well at my level, and I am in agreement with you that once I get a whipple or tvs the car will probably need mickeys... what have you found to work best at your level?

When I bought my car it had the 305/35/18 Thompsons already on it, and they are night and day from the TQs. I was also like you, in that you cannot beat the price of the TQs, and that's why I tried them, but I'm just not getting the consistent level of traction I need like the Thompsons offer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread