TPMS giving me fits

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I gave up and disabled mine with forscan

This!! I had that dam light in my dash for years and never even thought of Forscan until last week. I have been using Forscan on my truck for over a year and the other day it dawned on me that I could probably disable the TPMS in the Shelby. Done, lights gone, warnings are gone, no more message center crap... I LOVE FORSCAN!!

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
If the fault happens to be on the wheel furthest away from the module, seems like it could likely be interference related.

That is what the installed told me. Problem is it works fine with the other set of wheels and I have no idea what could be causing interference. May go the forscan route or just ignore it.

kodiakmustang

Established Member
Did you try changing your LEDs? Not all LEDs are created equally, and I know the LED headlights I put in my truck cause interference with weaker radio stations when I have them on. The same kind of signal from your LEDs could cause a disruption, but it would only generate the interference when the lights are on. That said, I hate TPMS. For three years my F350 has repeatedly had TPMS faults, and I know it's the left rear because I monitor my tire pressure with TorquePro. Of course, my truck (crew cab long bed) is a little longer than your Mustang. :)

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I am having this same issue. Can sync first three but then driver rear won’t synch. Widened 11.5 oems. Have not been able to figure out a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
That is likely the case if it works fine with the stock wheels. I'm running 11.5" wide wheels at present, but the TPMS sensors are mounted on the inside of the wheel. I have two inflation vales. In order to train them, I had to stick the tool up under the wheel well because doing it from the outside portion of the wheel wouldn't work. I guess that could be a solution or use a banded sensor inside the wheel.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I was able to sync the band type TPMS sensors on my 12" widened bright Alcoa's and also the stem type TPMS sensors on the 11 3/4" widened Black Alcoa's currently on my car.

I have had no TPMS sensor codes/issues on either of these widened wheel set-ups on my 2008.

R

Users who are viewing this thread