TPMS won't sink on 2013 shelby GT500

moD

Established Member
So I just installed new Velgen wheels with the American muscle TPMS. After driving for about 20 miles I got the TPMS fault alarm which is what I read happens to many people. But now my issue is that when I try to reprogram the TPMS with the programming remote it won't program. I know how to go into the learning mode starting with the LF and I tried all tires and non of them program.

I deflated my tires at 2 different times to below 15psi for 5 minutes and still no response. I have read many threads with people who had similar problems and how they resolved it but nothing worked for me. My cellphone was off and my old tires are in another location so no radio frequency interference

The only thing left is to deflate my tires all the way to zero and inflate it back up after 5 min and try again but I'm not sure that will work

American muscle confirmed these would work on 2013 GT 500 the part number was 76161 TPMS full mounting KIT

Hope someone can help

Derek5774

Established Member
I have used the same TPMS and have had no problems
they say you might have to deflate the tires then air them up again to reset the sensors, i did not have any problems

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I had the same problem on mine as well. At first they send me out the sensors for an '09 which do not work on a '13. The next set required me to deflate the tires to less than 10 PSI after which they synced fine.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I got burned on a set of American Muscle TPS sensors on my old 2012 GT500. None of the sensors would sink. I called American Muscle and they sent me new sensors but I still had to pay to have them installed. After a few hundred miles, one of them came apart inside the wheel : (

I paid a little extra and went with sensors from Tousley with my current wheels. Not a single problem (knock on wood).

moD

Established Member
American muscle sent me new censers to replace the previous ones that didn't work but the problem remains the same. I just installed the new ones and they still wont work. I am beginning to think there might be a problem with the programming tool it lights and seems like it is working fine.

thats 2 sets of AM TPMS that didn't work on my car

I am not sure what to do now it looks like I will have to take the original censors off from the stock wheels and use them
What a Headache !!

NvrEnfHP

Established Member
yep, have to bring the air pressure to zero. jack the car up and let all the air out. Or do Like I did and go to Firestone and let them do it for 25$

Users who are viewing this thread