Tr3650 stuck in neutral

MachJoe

Established Member
I replaced the extension housing bushing, put everything back together, and the transmission won't shift. It's completely locked in neutral, the driveshaft and rear tires won't move either. Any ideas?

Bruisbe

Established Member
I am assuming this is a manual just based off of the won't shift and wont move. So just call me an idiot if I am making the wrong assumption.

At any rate, have you tried to pull everything back out just to make sure everything is seated properly within the gear shifter?

MachJoe

Established Member
Yes, it's a manual. And I've taken the shifter off to make sure everything was there.

I called Tremec and they said it sounds like a broken shift fork, but the only way to tell is to drop the whole trans again and tear it apart.

96gt02

Established Member
It does sound like a broken fork, did you have any issues before the bushing replacement?

MachJoe

Established Member
No, none at all. When I tore it all apart the first time, I was surprised on how well everything looked.

My guess is that something came off track when putting the housing back on, or I possibly damaged something when hammering the new pin back in.

96gt02

Established Member
You must have put it back together wrong, no way you could have screwed up the fork doing the bushing.

MachJoe

Established Member
A HUGE thanks to Stan at Pro-Force Performance for helping me sort everything out!

Turned out the selector was stuck in 2nd gear, but it wasn't engaged and that's why everything was seized up.

Users who are viewing this thread