Tr3650 trans rebuild prices???

bleedout

Established Member
For any of you that have paid to have a tr3650 rebuilt, im wondering what is a decent price. Im tryn not to get hosed. My 2nd and 3rd gear synchros are pretty bad and wont engage over 4000rpm. Opinions on if the entire tranny should be rebuilt or just the bad parts, any updated better parts??? Im thinking there has to be an update for the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. I can pull the trans myself however time is not on my side and im wanting to get it done like last week and work is not giving me much spare time. Can you all give me an educated guess on price if i pulls trans or if i have a tranny shop do it all. Thanks in advance

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Liberty makes a great 3650 kit. I think i paid $1200 for the kit and then another $600 for the rebuild(pulled the trans myself). This was in an 05 GT. Call Liberty and ask them what the latest updates are and they can tell you. Mine held up to constant abuse with zero issues and was extremely quiet. I ran a Roush P51 clutch and stock flywheel. I even had the stock 10 spline input shaft still with no issues.

Last edited:

einehund

Established Member
I found it was easier to buy a remanufactured one from AMP than to get the kit from Tremec and then have a shop do the labor. Cost was $1400, but this was 3 years ago.

bleedout

Established Member
ok, i spoke with the normal shop i use for auto tranny issues, he told me he would charge $550 for labor plus parts and thats with him pulling the trans and installing it, he says he normally only replaces the bad parts instead of doing an entire rebuild. So wont know how deep in parts i will end up, probably throw a new clutch kit in for good measure. Wish i had the funds to do a T56 swap......... ill check the AMP kit out, maybe prices came down. Ford does not offer a rebuild either per local dealer

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Try these guys. Have a decent rep and always answered my questions promptly.

http://pro-forceperformance.com/tr3650.htm
2nd on this guy! I have a fully built TR3650 in my '98 GT and yes it was not cheap, even with turning in the core. I bought it two years ago and it was roughly $2k with the core turned in. Customer service is top notch, the first trans he gave us had something wrong and my father met him and swapped the trans out for another built TR3650 and I have yet to have a problem. My build slowed down a little (a ton actually) and I have maybe 4k-5k miles on mine with no complaints and she shifts like butter. No shifting problems and I pretty much power shifted from 3rd to 4th the other day and that trans took it without flinching, slid right into 4th like butter.

Users who are viewing this thread