track n dyno numbers

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
Ran a best of 8.56@85. Dyno 376/468. Mods are offroad mids, flow cat back jlt cai and 4lb lower with predator canned tune. 1.99 60' on F1s. Is that about on par for my mods?

Dusten

Established Member
Its not terrible. I know i lost about .05 when i removed my cats. I was running catback, cai, 4lb lower, long bars and a tune and was running 8.30's, but your mph is better than mine ever was.

SvtRacing

Established Member
since you have a hand held tuner. you should spend the money and get a email tune from a experienced lightning tuner like JDM or JJ at WMS i think they charge $175-200 for email tune but they only use SCT. If you have a diablo best bet would be Johnny Lightning.

A good tune is everything on these trucks. Hell i made 411/492 and ran the samething as you OP with a slower mph at 83 with a 1.98 60ft. its all in the tune. Get a good tune and you will be down in the low 8s with no problem.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
since you have a hand held tuner. you should spend the money and get a email tune from a experienced lightning tuner like JDM or JJ at WMS i think they charge $175-200 for email tune but they only use SCT. If you have a diablo best bet would be Johnny Lightning.

A good tune is everything on these trucks. Hell i made 411/492 and ran the samething as you OP with a slower mph at 83 with a 1.98 60ft. its all in the tune. Get a good tune and you will be down in the low 8s with no problem.

well im still saving for the ported blower and throttle body/inlet before i get a custom tune...until then i think the canned tune will be fine.

on a side note, i did take it to a cammed LS1 ram air at the track by about a car n a half:loser:

Dusten

Established Member
You'd think a canned tune is fine. I ran one for about 2 days until I realized i was almost pegging out my stock 90mm maf with my 4lb lower. You can get a custom tune from amazon for $185 bucks, and get it updated as you aquire new mods.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Ran a best of 8.56@85. Dyno 376/468. Mods are offroad mids, flow cat back jlt cai and 4lb lower with predator canned tune. 1.99 60' on F1s. Is that about on par for my mods?

Rick has been tuning Gen2 Lightnings since 1999..had one of the first Gen 2s in our area

our 99 won the very first JDM shootout and was featured in MM&FF

Rick tuned JLPs first Lightning for him before he was JLP

Rick has been tuning for so long that he was one of the first tuners to use both SCT and DS

I can have him call you to discuss your tuning options if you want to PM your # to me

he can tune your vehicle remotely working through email..and will walk you throught the process if needed

as a supporting vendor of this site since 2002 we appreciate being given the chance to earn your business

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
well im still saving for the ported blower and throttle body/inlet before i get a custom tune...until then i think the canned tune will be fine.

on a side note, i did take it to a cammed LS1 ram air at the track by about a car n a half:loser:

with our custom tuning option..we offer unlimited tunes,unlimited support and free revisions for as long as you own your vehicle np matter what you add to your set up for $185

so you can get tuned for what you have now and when you ready to add the other mods we will revise the tune at no charge to you.. just email your revisions request to us and we will return a revised tune to you

you will benefit just getting your base tune dailed in now..something as simple as getting the AF cleaned up will give you beter performance

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
with our custom tuning option..we offer unlimited tunes,unlimited support and free revisions for as long as you own your vehicle np matter what you add to your set up for $185

so you can get tuned for what you have now and when you ready to add the other mods we will revise the tune at no charge to you.. just email your revisions request to us and we will return a revised tune to you

you will benefit just getting your base tune dailed in now..something as simple as getting the AF cleaned up will give you beter performance

yall did the tune on my cobra a few years back that did 502/518 and ran 10.88@127 off the bottle...i didnt realize you did free revisions, but i PMd you my number, and hopefully ill hear from you tomorrow!

oilwell1415

Established Member
You'd think a canned tune is fine. I ran one for about 2 days until I realized i was almost pegging out my stock 90mm maf with my 4lb lower. You can get a custom tune from amazon for $185 bucks, and get it updated as you aquire new mods.

And I'll add that a canned tune is only good if your truck is the same as the "average" truck it was developed for. I will NEVER run a canned tune on my truck. With Uncle Henry's tune the air/fuel is at 13.1. A canned tune would take more fuel out, add some timing and spit the rods out pretty damn quick. You should never put any tune in there without knowing where you started, and then seeing where it put you. There is a local tuner here that has blown more rods than Jenna Jameson because he won't check first and after to see what was going on and what's happening after the tune.

1sik.svt

I DUNNO...
I've never heard of these email tunes you guys are talking about. I am in Texas and If I could get an "email tune" from JDM or another reputable tuner I am all for it. How does this work? I have an sct tuner. Please forgive my stupid question.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I've never heard of these email tunes you guys are talking about. I am in Texas and If I could get an "email tune" from JDM or another reputable tuner I am all for it. How does this work? I have an sct tuner. Please forgive my stupid question.

If I were you I would go to PSI for a tune.

Dusten

Established Member
Oilwell, i hope you aren't running 13:1 AFR on a lightning, you are just asking for that motor to pop all over the street.
Email tunes are where a tuner emails you the tuner file to upload to your handheld tuner. They will then instruct you how to datalog the trucks parameters, and send that file back. they can then fine tune it and send it back.

Users who are viewing this thread