tracked down articles my car 2011 was featured in when owned by Ford

BLK93GT

Established Member
Some may or may not remember me looking for info on what Ford used my car for. They had it up until 18k miles roughly. I figured out it was in TX based off carfax, then contacted one of the dealers it was serviced at and they said they thought it was a media vehicle loaned out for articles and shows.

I have found multiple different 2011 Race Red like mine in magazines and online articles. The other night I found multiple ones in TX. So I compared mileage etc and it appeared this was my car. No way to verify for sure. Well today while reading one of the articles again I read this part here....

Screenshot_2013-11-17-13-19-101.png

So I decided to, for the hell of it, go look at previous destinations in my car.

Low and behold, the address to the Texas Mile was in there that they enterered!:beer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/fiveltrdave/2013-11-17_13-15-59_325.jpg[/IMG

whole article
[url]http://autospotters.com/2011/04/20/the-2011-ford-shelby-gt500-one-word-awesome/[/url]

[IMG]http://autospotters.com/_pictures/ShelbyGT500/DSC03258.jpg

DSC02699.jpg

Last edited:

BLK93GT

Established Member
lucky you wish my car had been beat on like a filthy whore

You drive your car like a little old lady? I knew I would get a comment like this, just not the 1st one. Obviously any "abuse" the car had doesn't show in looks or performance. :bash:

Whats your car run at the track???

BLK93GT

Established Member
awesome, gt500's are made to run, nice car with a cool history to go with it, congrats

Thanks man! I love the car, handling and straight line performance. It may not be a garaged queen show car but it has been driven like it should be since day one.

huggytree

Established Member
isn't that the car they did 202mph in?

probably 10,000 miles were spent at 5,000-7,000 rpms trying to get 202mph out of it

its cool in a way, but id rather have a car that was never driven or driven by a little old lady than a car that was most likely beat every day

still looks good though! and its made to be beat, so im sure its fine

BLK93GT

Established Member
isn't that the car they did 202mph in?

probably 10,000 miles were spent at 5,000-7,000 rpms trying to get 202mph out of it

its cool in a way, but id rather have a car that was never driven or driven by a little old lady than a car that was most likely beat every day

still looks good though! and its made to be beat, so im sure its fine

No that was a 2013. I had no idea Ford owned the car until after I purchased it. The car is/was spotless other than some curb rash on the wheels. I got the car for a steal of a price (at that time) so I went for it. I couldn't afford a 5,000 mile car so I got this with 27k and found out it was a media vehicle. At least it has a great service history. It drives and performs well. 11.91@120 on stock tires, nobody has came close other than maybe Evan Smith.

BLK93GT

Established Member

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
awesome man that is very cool, dont worry about those turds about it getting beat on, driven the right way, not just for retirees on show sundays....very cool..love the car

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
I dont understand the "beat on" comments. Those very same people modded their car, or taken it to the track, etc. It is what these cars are meant for anyway.

Besides, a car at stock power for 27k miles has been less "beat on" than a gt500 making 700rwhp launching on a drag set up at the track every weekend, but "only" has 1500 miles on it. Just saying ... "beat on" has nothing to do with mileage.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Dude, F' the haters! There's nothing cooler than having a story behind your car and some magazine articles to back it up. These cars are made to be enjoyed however and everyone has a different definition of enjoyment when it comes to a car. Any dummy that dumps thousands upon thousands of dollars into go fast parts for a go fast car that they will never get it out of and refuse to go fast in; only to drive it like a puss or pretend that driving it like a puss will in some way make it worth more or last longer, is simply retarted. I've seen cars that were babied and garaged all their lives fail just as much as I've seen thoroughly enjoyed cars fail. Most of us will never have these cars long enough to experience the damages or failures that a few hundred spirited laps around a track or passes down the drag strip will eventually bring anyway. Think about it, how long will it take for those hard miles to really show? It'll be on it's 10th owner by then and if you still own it, well then you straight up got your moneys worth outta that bitch then didn't you...

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Dude, F' the haters! There's nothing cooler than having a story behind your car and some magazine articles to back it up. These cars are made to be enjoyed however and everyone has a different definition of enjoyment when it comes to a car. Any dummy that dumps thousands upon thousands of dollars into go fast parts for a go fast car that they will never get it out of and refuse to go fast in; only to drive it like a puss or pretend that driving it like a puss will in some way make it worth more or last longer, is simply retarted. I've seen cars that were babied and garaged all their lives fail just as much as I've seen thoroughly enjoyed cars fail. Most of us will never have these cars long enough to experience the damages or failures that a few hundred spirited laps around a track or passes down the drag strip will eventually bring anyway. Think about it, how long will it take for those hard miles to really show? It'll be on it's 10th owner by then and if you still own it, well then you straight up got your moneys worth outta that bitch then didn't you...

Lol +1, don't see the point in buying one of these cars to drive it around like a mini van. I like the for sale ads saying never driven in the rain, raced or done a burnout etc. If you believe that buying one of these cars used then I'm the Easter bunny to, lol.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member

Amen ... besides, I would say these cars are near impossible to put any "hard" miles on with the stock tires and stock power.

OP ... get you a TVS, and your car will be "born again" hahaha

BLK93GT

Established Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate some postive comments. I have always driven my cars hard and they still look mint and function perfectly. It has seen rain and really what difference does it make. I had cars that sat in the garage because I was afraid to get them dirty but wtf is the point then? The only way I could justify buying this car was if I drove it. 3,100 miles from June to Oct and enjoyed all of it plus multiple trips to the track. Oh and I destroyed one pair of rear tires in that time period! LOL

Here is another article and vid, this is the guy that owned the #0001 2012 Boss 302 doing the review.

http://www.i4u.com/37372/2011-shelby-gt500-svt-performance-pack-review

TimKonaGT500

Established Member
I think that history for your car is pretty cool. Regardless of how hard it was driven, the car was built for that and the car was maitained impeccibly during that time as well.

Nice detective work as well! Keep enjoying that car!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

BLK93GT

Established Member
I think that history for your car is pretty cool. Regardless of how hard it was driven, the car was built for that and the car was maitained impeccibly during that time as well.

Nice detective work as well! Keep enjoying that car!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread