Trackhawk Motor Melts.......

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thanx shit happen but yea ill get something better and faster now.

No those numbers were on a Dynojet when I brought it to "The Shop" In Stratford CT and had it remotely tuned via Rob @ PBD. Its getting a new tune from either PBD or Lund cause I gotta finish the E85 tune.

Bet it makes 1300+ whp. It made 1070 @ 19lbs and like 950 lbs of TQ while making 50-60 whp per lb. of Boost and that's an 85mm so it will surely pick up quite a bit more power. Spools instantly tho on 93 octane.

But I got the ID1700 injectors with (3) Hellcat 525 pumps so now I can lean on it. Its a sleeved MMR Pro mod motor and has been the most stout reliable motor ive ever had in my life. Each time I have a new combo it just makes more power. It never gets tired.

Brett, sorry about the engine failure, but sounds like you’re going to make lemonade from the lemons! I’m regard to your Mustang- are the numbers you mention here from a mustang dyno too?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

No those numbers were on a Dynojet when I brought it to "The Shop" In Stratford CT and had it remotely tuned via Rob @ PBD. Its getting a new tune from either PBD or Lund cause I gotta finish the E85 tune.

Bet it makes 1300+ whp. It made 1070 @ 19lbs and like 950 lbs of TQ while making 50-60 whp per lb. of Boost and that's an 85mm so it will surely pick up quite a bit more power. Spools instantly tho on 93 octane.

But I got the ID1700 injectors with (3) Hellcat 525 pumps so now I can lean on it. Its a sleeved MMR Pro mod motor and has been the most stout reliable motor ive ever had in my life. Each time I have a new combo it just makes more power. It never gets tired.

Which MMR we taking about?

68gtscode

Established Member

Nice! Your turbo Mustang is awesome and I’m glad you’re having good luck with it! Really impressive builds…

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Figured I share this as you had engine failure.

My fathers trackhawk transmission has failed twice at almost 45k mile intervals.
And there's no transmissions in stock.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

My fathers trackhawk transmission has failed twice at almost 45k mile intervals.

Engines and transmissions have been pretty hard to come by lately for many brands. FCA transmissions have become so scarce for many cars that the backorder is at least 3mo long so we have been forced to send them out to be rebuilt.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Any more details to share?
I haven’t heard of that many transmission issues.
Thanks.
-J

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Thanks.
-J

I know it’s apples and oranges, but I’ve been waiting like 6mo for a built 5r110 from BTS. He says he can’t materials to build his transmission. I looked up JW as he’s more local to me and his website says he can’t build them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I know it’s apples and oranges, but I’ve been waiting like 6mo for a built 5r110 from BTS. He says he can’t materials to build his transmission. I looked up JW as he’s more local to me and his website says he can’t build them either.

What is this going into?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
What is this going into?

My 06 f350. O-ringed heads, ported intake manifold, 190/30 injectors, and stage 2 KC turbo. I think it’s a 88mm turbo and she whistles like a banshee. According to KC who remote tuned it, it should be around 600hp at the tire. If I’m under power the shift between 3 and 4 is very violent and shocks the whole truck. If I roll into 4th gear and the tq converter is locked up and I wind out 4th at WOT, it’s starts smelling like burnt trans fluid when you come to a stop.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
My 06 f350. O-ringed heads, ported intake manifold, 190/30 injectors, and stage 2 KC turbo. I think it’s a 88mm turbo and she whistles like a banshee. According to KC who remote tuned it, it should be around 600hp at the tire. If I’m under power the shift between 3 and 4 is very violent and shocks the whole truck. If I roll into 4th gear and the tq converter is locked up and I wind out 4th at WOT, it’s starts smelling like burnt trans fluid when you come to a stop.

Sounds like a hell of a 6.0 build

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I lean on mine pretty hard and have had no issues but im about to build the trans and transfer case and get a new converter cause I plan on buying the new Whipple 3.0 so ill definately need a trans upgrade then.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks.
-J

I’ll have to see if he has the paperwork from the first time but FCA just told them to replace the entire trans when a part failed at ~48k.
This time I’ll know more Monday but it could be electronic related and possibly an easier fix that seemed trans related(pulled a code) then the following day the truck did the same thing as first time and wouldn’t shift into gear. Add in some grinding noise too in sport mode prior to the truck bricking itself

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ya know to be perfectly honest I have not heard of anyone having issues with their trans with stock power. Not one person. That 8HP95 is a beast!

Seems really odd but hey if a man can make it a man can break it..... Mine was putting down 900 whp and I launch that shit at every single traffic light land it really just never gets old lol.

I’ll have to see if he has the paperwork from the first time but FCA just told them to replace the entire trans when a part failed at ~48k.
This time I’ll know more Monday but it could be electronic related and possibly an easier fix that seemed trans related(pulled a code) then the following day the truck did the same thing as first time and wouldn’t shift into gear. Add in some grinding noise too in sport mode prior to the truck bricking itself

Users who are viewing this thread