traction? get in here

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
ok so i sold the 03 cobra, n got into an 04 lightning (more practical) it was bone stock when i got it, but so far ive got a JLT cold air, mac catback, some 1.5" drop shackles, and a 6lb lower predator plugs n a few more goodies comin also. this truck makes so much torque itll spin thru 1st now, n i was just gonna see what u guys were doin for a little traction before the pulley n tune...i know how beautiful the cobra woke up when i first got my 2.8! nitto NT05s are on the way also. anything helps, i been out the loop for a little while

Last edited:

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Most folks go for long bars. You are not going to get much traction on the street anyway, but some drag radials will help. Remember it's a truck and there is not alot of weight on the rear, so you're going to spin. Rain or inclement weather is not your friend either. Enjoy your new toy.:rockon:

RMoore92

Established Member
Traction bars and drag radials and I hook pretty good just flashing the converter, stalling it on the other hand I need to have slicks mounted.

Jroc

Established Member
My L hooks up 10x's better than my Terminator could of ever hoped to hook up. I know my L is stock, but if you try and apply stock L HP levels through a Terminator on street tire it will spin into second. A Terminator on street tires is a spin fest. My L is kind of a traction freak though. I love it. Hooking up on street tires FTW!!!

SvtRacing

Established Member
get a set of JLP long bars and currently i have the NT05Rs and they hook little better than the 555rs but alot of high hp guys run the Mikey thompsons i might try them next go around.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I got traction bars and e/t street's. Hooks fine on the street. You will still have to learn when/where your truck makes power/downshifts etc to avoid spinning. There isnt a magic combo that will hook all the time. On the bottle, my truck made more TQ than a lot of twin screw trucks. All i did was spray in 2nd-3rd. For the street, i eaton and spray is better than a twin screw.

Last edited:

RMoore92

Established Member
get a set of JLP long bars and currently i have the NT05Rs and they hook little better than the 555rs but alot of high hp guys run the Mikey thompsons i might try them next go around.

The MT Drs are junk. The NT05Rs are much better but if your serious about tracking get slicks and goto the track.

Dusten

Established Member
This is off the topic, but i hope to god you arent running a 6lb on a canned predator tune. If so, get an email tune, or see a tuner

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
When I was just under 400rwhp I had moroso slide-a-links and Mickey Thompson ET Streets... I couldn't spin my wheels to save the life of me. I'd burn the goodyears all through 1st and into second but the ET Streets just hook as long as they're warm.

Alot of these high horsepower guys run ET Streets at the track if they're not running slicks and pull really good consistent 60's on them. They still hook pretty good on the street and I'm running almost 600rwhp, but thats when they're warm. If they're cold, you haven't been driving on them for a little bit to warm them up, they're going to spin on ya.

Downside is that treadlife is only about 6k miles on them and driving in the rain and cold can be very dangerous. Several guys have had their back end swing around on them going around a turn when its wet outside.

--Matt

Users who are viewing this thread