Trade 17x4 and 15x10 weld alumastar drag set up

x275_eric

Established Member
my god! id love to have them rears on my car! did they fit the IRS or u didnt have IRS? i want that same set for the rears!

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
my god! id love to have them rears on my car! did they fit the IRS or u didnt have IRS? i want that same set for the rears!

No 15" rear wheel will fit with the IRS. You can make it work with a lot of grinding but most people won't do it.

Let me know how you like the Hoosiers. I won't be ordering a new set until I get the car out in the spring, so I have some time to pick out new tires lol.

x275_eric

Established Member
No 15" rear wheel will fit with the IRS. You can make it work with a lot of grinding but most people won't do it.

Let me know how you like the Hoosiers. I won't be ordering a new set until I get the car out in the spring, so I have some time to pick out new tires lol.

well i was thinkin maybe 15" weld rt's with 295/55/15 MT's with beadlock. right now i have the low profile bolt. do u think that set up will fit with no problem?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
The tire will fit, and the rim will fit over the brakes, but you will still have to grind the tie rod and knuckle to fit the 15" wheel. I'd use a 15x8.250 with 5.5" backspace. How much power do you make? You shouldn't need beadlocks unless you're in the 1,000hp range, which I doubt if you're still using the IRS lol.

x275_eric

Established Member
The tire will fit, and the rim will fit over the brakes, but you will still have to grind the tie rod and knuckle to fit the 15" wheel. I'd use a 15x8.250 with 5.5" backspace. How much power do you make? You shouldn't need beadlocks unless you're in the 1,000hp range, which I doubt if you're still using the IRS lol.

ah damn :(
nah im just gonna use them for style and for better traction.

Users who are viewing this thread