Trade ?

CobraG

Established Member
I found a 2013 Boss for $35,900, it has 7800 miles and a Vortech SC. It has a rear seat delete though which I'd rather have a back seat. It also has Recaro's, which are okay to me, I'd rather have regular seats.
Anyway, what do y'all think, trade my paid off 2013 5.0 for it? They said they'll put some back seats in the car but they'll charge extra to do so.
My 2013 has 29,500 miles so I'd start off asking for $22K for it and see where it goes. I'd go no lower than $20K for it.
I love the look of my car though, I really like black, it just looks tough. The Boss is School Bus Yellow, which looks pretty cool too.
I like the way the Boss looks and it's SC'd which is a plus. It has the hand held too. It looks like someone probably tracked it, but with that low of miles I don't think that should be a deterrent.
What do y'all think, trade or pass and mod my car more?

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
With the going prices for 5.0, you should get what you want for trade for that low of mileage.
If the deal works as you want it to, I would do it.
I would definitely not pay extra for back seats.
Tons of people selling them cheap online.

CobraG

Established Member
7800 might seem like low miles but could also be a lot of 1/4 mile passes in 7800 too

Vic
That's true, it has a shift light mounted right above the steering wheel too. It looks like it's been cared for, but you never know for sure. Makes me wonder why someone would put so much money into it then trade it.

Reaper14

Established Member
Now if they were to make you a great offer, that would be more appealing. 20k on a 35k trade in leaves you with 15k loan. Use them 15k & you can get a boss block, & boost your car for less.

Vic

PC03GT

Established Member
Your car is payed off, just build it. Unless they're going to give you some crazy deal, even then you'll have a car payment and have to pay interest.

Our cars with any forced induction are nasty street cars

noco5.0

Established Member
I have a supercharged School Bus Yellow Boss. It's an awesome car but don't know if it's different enough from your car to make the jump? The price is interesting and seems reasonable but most Boss buyers want an unmodified car. I haven't actively tried to sell mine but definitely wouldn't get anywhere close to what I have in it if/when I do so if you really want a supercharged Boss you are probably money ahead assuming it was done right.

CobraG

Established Member
Just haven't been able to pull the trigger. Doesn't help that the car is an hour and a half away just to go look at it. If I'm not willing to drive 3 hrs round trip that tells me I don't really want it.
Wife reiterated again how much she loves our 2013 and told me get a Dynavin head unit or a Boss IM. I just can't pull the trigger to spend that kind of money on a car I'm not all in on. Maybe I should though, might spark it again.
Anyway...

68gtscode

Established Member
Just haven't been able to pull the trigger. Doesn't help that the car is an hour and a half away just to go look at it. If I'm not willing to drive 3 hrs round trip that tells me I don't really want it.
Wife reiterated again how much she loves our 2013 and told me get a Dynavin head unit or a Boss IM. I just can't pull the trigger to spend that kind of money on a car I'm not all in on. Maybe I should though, might spark it again.
Anyway...

I think you’re making the right decision. The boss would be nice for sure, but it is not cheap. Also it’s just my opinion, but I would much rather have a TVS or Whipple with a manual. Regardless, if you’re not itching to make the drive, take it as a sign your heart is not in it :)

68gtscode

Established Member
That's actually a very nice Boss. I am also not a huge fan of the wheels, but believe they're True Forged Retros (I could be wrong, see link below). If I'm correct, they were expensive and probably worth at least $2,500 IMO. It also has the LS rear seat delete which was very expensive when available. If this had a Whipple or TVS, I'd encourage you to splurge! I don't mean to talk you out of the centrifugal, I'm just not that wild about them.

EDIT- it also appears to have stainless long tubes.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/new-true-forged-wheel-design.661457/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread