Traded Hellcat for a GT 350

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Not every man is built to stomach the force of 700+ pavement demolishing torque.

Totally understandable... this is why they made the Honda S2000, Subaru Forester, Ford Pinto, and GT350. Iced Latte’s and man-buns included.

Leave the horsepower for the bearded guys with hair on their arms and chests.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Still on the 350 page hating on the 350 you've never owned

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Nope... but I am enjoying the free rent. You’re so kind!! New Years Res perhaps?

BTW, Do you prefer peppermint mocha or Carmel macchiato?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Hate to break it to you but the only douche here is the guy making assumptions about people he doesnt know based on what car they drive. Going fast in a straight line isn't what everyone is after either.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hate to break it to you but the only douche here is the guy making assumptions about people he doesnt know based on what car they drive. Going fast in a straight line isn't what everyone is after either.

Glad we got that cleared up.

I feel like I have a little better understanding now!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Most that bash a Hellcat have never driven one.
And not to bring real math into it, but lbs/hp is a good measure: 4400/707 greater than 3800/526.
Just sayin.
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
To me, a hellcat is like the steroidal big brother of the Terminator. I like them a lot, I wish they were 4/5th scale in weight and size.

I love the size of my 03 cobra. It’s sitting shy of 3400lbs. On pump gas I have 700wtq and 800whp, 10psi. 20psi and race gas it puts 1070whp & 850wtq. 30psi 1200whp & 980wtq.

It’s smooth linear brick in the face power. Brake boosting, I can have 20psi at 4500rpm. All this talk of 700tq is nice and all, and it’s enjoyable as it should be in a 4400lbs car, but 980wtq in 3400 is more redneck whiskey and hooker tits. Being able to pull a rolling burnout at 75mph when pricy playful cars want to play on the freeway is very ego massaging.

That said, a gutted civic making 800whp could smoke my ride, and a gutted model T with 2000whp could smoke that. Shitbuckets will always be the king of the totem. Fast and pretty are not synonymous

Last edited:

Zeromaz

Established Member
Not every man is built to stomach the force of 700+ pavement demolishing torque.

Totally understandable... this is why they made the Honda S2000, Subaru Forester, Ford Pinto, and GT350. Iced Latte’s and man-buns included.

Leave the horsepower for the bearded guys with hair on their arms and chests.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I stopped driving in a straight line when i left high school. When do plan on learning to drive?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
You're right. I'm just saying he knows what power feels like.
Not gonna argue that. My main issue is this guy constantly bashes the 5.2 for having no balls, but in factory form his 5.0 isn't any better. I guess if you compare it to a car with twin turbos than yes it's slow by comparison, but much like his 5.0 it can be made faster all it takes is money.

5.0jake

Established Member
Most that bash a Hellcat have never driven one.
And not to bring real math into it, but lbs/hp is a good measure: 4400/707 greater than 3800/526.
Just sayin.
-J
You’re right about people that have never driven a hellcat hating and making ignorant assumptions but your math is off, as for a 3800 lbs car to match the 4400/707 car it would be around 610hp. Another thing, many think Hellcat more likely has around 730-740 based off the 1/4 and 1/2 mile mph as well as dyno results.

The 2020 gt500 has turned out to be quite a runner and is no lightweight at
4225. No getting around the Hellcat’s form factor however.

Hard to compare the 350gt to the Hellcat, as they were built for entire different purposes. Apple to oranges.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Man this is reviving an old thread.
I drove a Hellcat Charger for 3yrs, so I understand the Hellcats and believe they live up to the hype.
I would not compare a Hellcat to a GT350 but at that time was comparing both companies top level power cars.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread