Traded In My 2014 For A 2020

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the well wishes fellas, well some of you. Still don't know why some guys choose to bash but to each their own I guess.

As far as the ADM, not that it matters, but it was below 5k and it's my money so I chose to buy it :)

I'll update once I get more miles on it. Hopefully getting tint this weekend since I hate when people can creep on me. My biggest love right now is the exhaust. Also being able to choose the tone with the flip of a switch it nice. I can tell a big difference too in the handling. Not sure if it's the tires or just the overall car but it corners like a mother.

To those on the fence that have a '13/14, if you have someone that you're good friends with that have one and would be willing to let you drive it around the block (probably a fat chance but just saying), do it so you can feel. The thing that stinks about these cars is there is no way in hell to test drive them, so you're kinda taking a gamble... Personally I think I won big time :)

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The thing that stinks about these cars is there is no way in hell to test drive them, so you're kinda taking a gamble... Personally I think I won big time :)
I didn't test drive the 11 or the 14.
Initially the 14 seemed slow, it's all according to what you're used to !!

NoSlowGT

Established Member
Premium Member
^Very true. I'm almost past the 100 mile break in period. Still might give it a few more miles before really opening it up on the highway. Excited to see the difference in power. The only thing the '14 had mod wise was intake, exhaust, and a tune.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Gorgeous car, I'm not a red color fan but Ford won me over with that color combination and would love to have one. Enjoy it and keep us posted - I would have over 100 miles in the 1st day!!LOL...

The 13/14 Rear shot is still king though, just something about it screams muscle car. Would love to have a 2020 but just not in the cards at the moment.

Have fun!!!

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I had a 2013 and sold her for the 2020. I completely disagree with those saying the 13/14 looks better. It looks good of course in it's own right, but it too has become outdated and it just looks big IMO. As far as missing the manual, that was my biggest hang up when deciding if I wanted to go to the 2020. Just a tad over 5k miles on her now, and I can confidently say, there isn't anything I miss about the 13. I LOVED the 13, but damn, the 20 is just a whole different machine. I do not regret the decision 1 bit.

Congrats on the car. Love the color!

RockChalk

Established Member
Wow, when u put them side by side u can cleary see how the 2014 is a better looking car 100%. Has style, character and class. The 2020 is kool but doesn't hold a candle to the 2014 as far as looks go.

The Auto is the clear winner tho as far as drivability goes tho.

I am in agreement, although I am obviously biased, currently owning a 2013. The 2020 has the edge - a big edge, in technology, but not in looks. The 2013 /14 GT500 has a big edge in the "look" of a Shelby Mustang. Just my opinion.

Hourigan218

Established Member
I can honestly say about all three (Boss 302 2013 gt500 SS and the 20) they each have their own personality but fact is fact and the 20 is just way more technologically advanced and does eat up the other 2 In just about every way. With that said it all boils down to personal preference. I truly love each in their own way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-165008_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-165008_Gallery.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 125

svt662

Established Member
+1 But No option for a 6 spd. or Convertible! Own one of each and problem solved.....Love that Rapid Red!

NoSlowGT

Established Member
Premium Member
If Ford ever decides to offer both the automatic and manual GT500, I think I would buy the stick version. Probably a long shot though...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! Sweet ride and glad you got the Recaros.
For those commenting on the ‘13-14, that car was 80% done from Ford versus 95% on the ‘20+
If you’re ‘13-14 didn’t have gears, R-compound tires and the basic mods, you really have no idea what you’re missing.
On the ‘20+, the DCT pulls it into another category of performance and Ford left an easy 200hp on the table if you’re willing.
Enjoy that beast!
-J

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Congrats !! Both are nice but being a 13 GT500 owner myself I would have a hard time giving mine up. Let us know your goods and bads about both after driving it for a while.
I have a 2014 GT500 and would never sell it for a new one. The black bumper on the new one looks like shit

Crushinator

Established Member
No comparison! You made a HUGE upgrade all the way around! It’s not even close.

RockChalk

Established Member
So, who would take a pristine 1968 GT500 fastback or convertible over the 2020 GT500? I sure as hell would. The 2020 is a great car, but something is lost in the translation. The 13/14 holds more true to the origins of the original GT500s. My opinion, of course. I guess we will have to see 15 to 20 years down the road, which ones are more coveted. In 15 - 20 years, perhaps no one will want them. George Orwell will have taken the country over.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
So, who would take a pristine 1968 GT500 fastback or convertible over the 2020 GT500? I sure as hell would. The 2020 is a great car, but something is lost in the translation. The 13/14 holds more true to the origins of the original GT500s. My opinion, of course. I guess we will have to see 15 to 20 years down the road, which ones are more coveted. In 15 - 20 years, perhaps no one will want them. George Orwell will have taken the country over.
I'm a 2013-2014 GT500 guy. Those are the last real SHELBY cars that he had his hands on.

Users who are viewing this thread