Traded the 5.0 for this........

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
1011230_10201862234147450_1889333374_n.jpg

I recently traded my 2012 Kona blue 5.0 for this badass machine...! I've owned 5 mustangs (3 Cobras and 2 GTs), and I love them to death. I am not a die hard Ford OR Chevy guy, I simply love them both. As long as it's all American muscle, I'll drive it :rockon:

This is a 2008 LS3 6speed Auto with the paddle shifters. It's fast as hell completely stock! It also has the dual mode exhaust which is absolutely awesome. Maybe one day I'll have another Cobra/GT500, but until then, Ill rock this thing... :) Just thought I'd share. :banana:

Here's what I replaced vvvvvv
008.jpg

o2gt

Established Member
very nice i thought long and hard about a vet before I picked up my 5.0. really looks great they are great cars. any modding plans?

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Good work. IMHO, life is too short to be brand loyal. Explore all types of cars. Love horsepower and amazing machinery no matter what brand it is.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
When I autocross I see a bunch of Vettes and one thing always stick out in my head is that out of the quad tips two are always darker then the other two(one on each side). I am not sure if it's because of the exhaust having a valve, if it is then it seems like a retarded design which always has two of the tips sootier then the other two, also is there a reason for the valve besides noise?

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nice upgrade! Go from a car with pudgy looks and performance to one that even the base model A6 is borderline beastly.

How does the A6 shift in those? I didnt even know the C6's had a paddle shifting A6 until about a week ago. I was looking at getting a new 2.0t gen coupe with the A8 or 6M and my buddy was saying you can get a 40-50k mi C6 A6 (or sometimes even M6's) in the same price range, and its pretty much twice as much power/car for the money.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Good choice! Any plans as far as mods go?
Not much just yet, maybe a CAI and window tint.

Did you keep or sell the old wheels on the 5.0?
I sold the wheels with the car since I already sold the stock wheels over a year ago.

Nice Downgrade
:-D

It looks like you got a nice ride, and I love Vettes, but why Automatic?
My last several cars over the course of about 10+ years have all been manual, and I wanted something different. Spending money on clutches and other related components when they fail kinda sucks too..... The new automatics that have been out lately are pretty stout! This 6-speed auto will be great for the track!

When I autocross I see a bunch of Vettes and one thing always stick out in my head is that out of the quad tips two are always darker then the other two(one on each side). I am not sure if it's because of the exhaust having a valve, if it is then it seems like a retarded design which always has two of the tips sootier then the other two, also is there a reason for the valve besides noise?
hqdefault.jpg
The valve is vacuum actuated and opens past 3500rpm and makes the exhaust WAAY louder than under normal part throttle operation. It is mainly there so your car can sound badass when romping on it, but docile WITHOUT highway drone when cruising. You can do two things to change that. You can buy a "Mild to Wild" switch and open/close the valves at the push of a button, or you can just pull the fuse and leave the valves open 100% of the time so your car stays really loud. Right now I have the fuse pulled and holy SH*&T,,, for a stock exhaust it's loud as hell....! It sounds great!

Last edited:

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Nice upgrade! Go from a car with pudgy looks and performance to one that even the base model A6 is borderline beastly.

How does the A6 shift in those? I didnt even know the C6's had a paddle shifting A6 until about a week ago. I was looking at getting a new 2.0t gen coupe with the A8 or 6M and my buddy was saying you can get a 40-50k mi C6 A6 (or sometimes even M6's) in the same price range, and its pretty much twice as much power/car for the money.

I think it shifts great! This thing moves the hell out completely stock, and the automatic definitely doesn't seem to hold it back at all... I don't have much seat time and experience with using the paddle shifters, but in 2008 Chevy improved the shift timing/crispness when using them. I can't see anyone out-shifting it in a manual car.......If you look at a 2005-2007 C6 model, you can find them for about $3-5k cheaper than the 2008+ cars. Make sure you read all the differences though...LS2 vs LS3 is one main difference.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I think it shifts great! This thing moves the hell out completely stock, and the automatic definitely doesn't seem to hold it back at all... I don't have much seat time and experience with using the paddle shifters, but in 2008 Chevy improved the shift timing/crispness when using them. I can't see anyone out-shifting it in a manual car.......If you look at a 2005-2007 C6 model, you can find them for about $3-5k cheaper than the 2008+ cars. Make sure you read all the differences though...LS2 vs LS3 is one main difference.

What is the axle ratio?
My Dad and I test drove a 2008 A6 and a 2008 M6.
The auto had a 2.56:1 and the manual had a 3.55:1.

Users who are viewing this thread