• 2007-2009 GT500

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 2015-2019 GT350

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SimplexDesign

Established Member
I'm thinking about selling my 2008 GT500 for a 2018 GT350 and I was hoping to get some opinions from people who have gone from a GT500 to a GT350. I've seen comments from 10-14 GT500 owners going to GT350s but I'm specifically looking for experiences from 07-09 owners. Anything you miss about the GT500? How would you compare the two driving experiences? Any regrets?

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Take your time and think all the way through the decision. They are vastly different cars. It is possible or even likely that what you love about your GT500 is significantly different on your 350. The 350 absolutely is not for everyone. Enjoy the search!

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I'm thinking about selling my 2008 GT500 for a 2018 GT350 and I was hoping to get some opinions from people who have gone from a GT500 to a GT350. I've seen comments from 10-14 GT500 owners going to GT350s but I'm specifically looking for experiences from 07-09 owners. Anything you miss about the GT500? How would you compare the two driving experiences? Any regrets?

I've previously owned an 07 gt500, 13 gt500 and a 14gt500 prior to my 350R. Only thing I miss from my 14gt500 was the low end tq, but my 14 was modified and making 750rwhp. The 350 is an all around better car in comparison, and compared to an 07-09 it's going to be light years ahead in pretty much all aspects.

SimplexDesign

Established Member
I've previously owned an 07 gt500, 13 gt500 and a 14gt500 prior to my 350R. Only thing I miss from my 14gt500 was the low end tq, but my 14 was modified and making 750rwhp. The 350 is an all around better car in comparison, and compared to an 07-09 it's going to be light years ahead in pretty much all aspects.

I feel like I would miss the low end torque too but at the same time even with good tires it's hard for the GT500 to hook in most conditions. Hows the ride quality compared to your previous GT500's?

How much time do you currently spend @ the track ??

Zero time. I'm more concerned with how the GT350 behaves on the road compared to a GT500.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Take your time and think all the way through the decision. They are vastly different cars. It is possible or even likely that what you love about your GT500 is significantly different on your 350. The 350 absolutely is not for everyone. Enjoy the search!

Translation:

Don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The 350 is a much better driving experience then any of my previous Shelbys. I personally dont regret my decision to get a 350 one bit. The car does take some getting used to because of the high redline, I found myself short shifting it for the first month until I got used to it. The exhaust sounds way better than any of my previous Shelbys as well

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Translation:

Don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Man you just love me dont you!

OP, if you dont understand what a driver car should be...(like gimmmie) do not do it. If you like off the line torque and quarter mile times more than anything....dont do it.

I do enjoy trading cars and it took me a long time reading and researching before I pulled the trigger. I traded my first GT500 for a 911S waiting for the 350 to come out and decided I missed my 500 too much. Still love my 14 GT500 and I do miss it for the thrill ride that it was. I think I will own the 350 for a long time because for me it is perfect. I do not care if I ever hit a dragstrip but I love the road course and this car is significantly better than my 911s or the GT500. If you dont understand turn in and bite do not do it. When I went to Utah for Ford Performance Racing School I had a 2018 Mustang GT with the 10spd and it was a great car. I drove up to Park City the long way and to the Salt lake and it was a wonderful car. I was amazed at how different the front end of the car felt and I could never be happy with one after driving a 350 as much as I have. The ability to hit and hold an apex with the 350 is better than anything I have ever driven and I have been in a few great cars.

If one day I do decide to hit the dragstrip, a car that runs 12.0 is not a bad drag car. It aint the monster that many GT500s and modified 5.0s are but it aint a camry either.

The joy of country roads (year its a WV thing) and the windows down listening to that FPC is pure joy. I had a fun convo with the young girl from Sirius about why I would not be renewing my subscription! This engine is different and I have drive blown cars on a road course and they are far from optimal. The power from 5000 to 8250 is simply amazing and it is right where you need to be.

OP, you need to honestly look at what you want out of a car before you pull the trigger. If you decide an 07 GT500 is more you then that is great. If you decide a TT 5.0 like gimme has is better then that is great too. If you want a true driver Mustang then the GT350 is for you. All three a awesome cars and you can only go wrong if you buy one that is not for you.

Poke away gimmie! I enjoy you pearls of wisdom!

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Your infotainment and ride should dramatically improve. But not taking it to the track, this is gonna test your want for torque on the street.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Man you just love me dont you!

OP, if you dont understand what a driver car should be...(like gimmmie) do not do it. If you like off the line torque and quarter mile times more than anything....dont do it.

I do enjoy trading cars and it took me a long time reading and researching before I pulled the trigger. I traded my first GT500 for a 911S waiting for the 350 to come out and decided I missed my 500 too much. Still love my 14 GT500 and I do miss it for the thrill ride that it was. I think I will own the 350 for a long time because for me it is perfect. I do not care if I ever hit a dragstrip but I love the road course and this car is significantly better than my 911s or the GT500. If you dont understand turn in and bite do not do it. When I went to Utah for Ford Performance Racing School I had a 2018 Mustang GT with the 10spd and it was a great car. I drove up to Park City the long way and to the Salt lake and it was a wonderful car. I was amazed at how different the front end of the car felt and I could never be happy with one after driving a 350 as much as I have. The ability to hit and hold an apex with the 350 is better than anything I have ever driven and I have been in a few great cars.

If one day I do decide to hit the dragstrip, a car that runs 12.0 is not a bad drag car. It aint the monster that many GT500s and modified 5.0s are but it aint a camry either.

The joy of country roads (year its a WV thing) and the windows down listening to that FPC is pure joy. I had a fun convo with the young girl from Sirius about why I would not be renewing my subscription! This engine is different and I have drive blown cars on a road course and they are far from optimal. The power from 5000 to 8250 is simply amazing and it is right where you need to be.

OP, you need to honestly look at what you want out of a car before you pull the trigger. If you decide an 07 GT500 is more you then that is great. If you decide a TT 5.0 like gimme has is better then that is great too. If you want a true driver Mustang then the GT350 is for you. All three a awesome cars and you can only go wrong if you buy one that is not for you.

Poke away gimmie! I enjoy you pearls of wisdom!

Way too long this time.. cliff notes?

OP already said he's not going to track it. More of a weekend toy.

Torque for the win in this case.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Way too long this time.. cliff notes?

OP already said he's not going to track it. More of a weekend toy.

Torque for the win in this case.

Nope, that is short as I can be. I was short on the first one and I just thought you wanted more from your response! If I can be of more assistance, just let me know!

Recon

Established Member
Being a street car I’d say the only thing the GT350 has going for it is the sound, in my opinion. Looks I’ll give it to the GT500, but I’m in the minority in that regard. Although the GT350 is a stunning car, my heart belongs to the S197 I Mustangs (05-09). If you like the torque of the GT500 then by no means do you need the GT350. The Voodoo is specifically designed for top end power which is where you want the power band in a road course car. The interior will be much better in the GT350, although I like the design of the GT500 more.
Best recommendation is go to a dealer that is willing to let you drive a GT350 then you can make your decision after the test drive.

Pick your poison.

Drewsky65

Established Member
Lots of people including myself came from 11-14 GT500’s . If your gonna make the move from an 07-09 then it will be a DRAMATIC improvement in almost every area.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Lots of people including myself came from 11-14 GT500’s . If your gonna make the move from an 07-09 then it will be a DRAMATIC improvement in almost every area.

Agreed. The 07-09 makes less hp and slightly more tq then the 350, but the 350 will out perform the 07-09 in every other aspect. Going from a 13/14 would be a more drastic change in hp/tq and be more noticeable.

Last edited:

1FASFKR

Established Member
If you do get to test drive one, put it in SPORT mode. Throttle response calibrations feel much different from NORMAL mode. I would compare it to a bit of the TRACK KEY program...less the engine braking...that was available on the Boss to be honest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread