traffic light sensors ?

mifordman

Established Member
the law is not for bikers to just blow the light, its for the lights that dont cycle to green within a reasonable amount of time while you are sitting there. i dont know if there is a law in Michigan for this but almost everynight on my way home from work, on my bike, i have to "run" a red light turning left because it will not change. i have sat through 5 complete cycles before, now i wait 2 and the go.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Weight sensors around here. I love to watch the people who pull to far up or not far enough to trip the lights. They sit there for a long time until someone pulls up behind them or goes around and gets in front of them. Funny story from a few years ago. Car would not pull up to trip the lights. He had set there and a whole line of traffic for almost 10 minutes. People honking their horns. Pulling around him and turning right and going to the next exit on the 4 lane to then turn and come back by. I finally got tired and pulled out and went and pulled in front of him. I know I probably pissed him off but within 10 seconds or so the turn left lane light comes on and away we go. I really don't think they realized what went on.

I always look for the sensors to make sure I drive and sit right over top of them if possible to make sure the light turns as soon as possible. The new camera ones are fun too.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
the lights in my area either have are timed(stays green for 45 seconds-1 min then changes) OR weight sensors which is the majority.

Users who are viewing this thread