Trans rebuilt, new clutch and a lot of noise?

bleedout

Established Member
So recently my 2nd gear synchro went bad, so I pulled the trans and sent it off for a rebuild and figured while I have it under the knife I would upgrade some parts. So I ordered a McLeod clutch from American muscle, frpp pilot bearing, new shifter ball, I ordered complete suspension minus springs from LMR, Stewart high flow water pump, 180 T Stat, JLT paint matched RIA, all new brakes, painted calipers and brackets up nice, all new hardware, new fuel filter, fluids, ect you get the idea. Anyways got the tranny back today and with a friend's help we installed it. Start up and just horrid noise coming from clutch, like a bad throw out bearing. I mean this this is annoying loud squeaking and squealing and whistling. My Mach was still on the hoist so we lifted it up and it looks like the clutch is vibrating pretty good and there's play with the clutch fork. I an beyond irritated and just bummed out. All this work and now the trans has to come back out, I suppose I will order a frpp clutch fork and frpp TB seems how I really don't trust the McLeod TB now. Has anyone else encountered issues like this? I really was not thinking when I originally ordered parts otherwise I would have replaced the fork, it's only $40 but everything else through me off. I just can't believe how loud this is. I mean it's embarrassing loud whistling and squealing. So anyways if anyone feels free to chime in go ahead and shoot. Sure hope it isn't a clutch issue otherwise I'm going to be a little aggravated. Before I rebuilt the trans there were no noises btw. Just 2nd gear high rpm issues. Clutch was fine and quite, now it sounds like a damn rat in a furnace sealing.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Is the clutch fork fully seated on the the pivot ball?
If you got the dust cover back on the it prolly is fully seated.
Did you adjust clutch the cable ? stock quarandrant ?

bleedout

Established Member
yes it seated unless something strange happened? we tried adjusting the clutch cable for 30 minutes and it still made noises from one end to the other of adjustment, and no i have after market adjustable quad, im just bummed at this point, hate to have to pull the trans again

Users who are viewing this thread