Trans went, maybe TQ!!

haybale

Don't upset Little Man!!!
Established Member
So I was getting on her, bout 3/4 throttle. Hit second gear for about a second then lost the gear and hit the rev limiter. I limp her home just a few blocks, parked her for the night. It'll still shift into 2nd and 3rd but has a slight buzzing/wissling sound. Now am ripping the trans out and dropping it off to Dante @ DMP in the morning.

The crapper is I just bought a few Items for the L and sighned up for the Fontanna event this coming weekend, Hopefully Dante will have the trans done by thursday, I'll take Friday off and and be back in SD thursday night. I hope my p.o.s. Supra makes it to LA!!??!!

The trans is stock except for the DMPVB, complete professional flush about 6K miles, and new filter.

Wish me luck, and dang I gotta go bigger and better!!!

SVT2122

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the tranny, I want to pick up a DMPVB sometime, how do you like yours? What year supra you have?

FordFanStan

Established Member
I think this is luck that this happened to you right now. Dante will build you up a bulletproof transand we'll have it back in by Thur/Fri for you and then on Sat/Sun you can still go racing and not worry about that stocker any longer. Now we just have to find some time to throw in that d-shaft loop for you, ahh we can do it at the track :D Stan

haybale

Established Member
Intermediate clutches were toast, steels were burnt and marked up. Fluid was red but smelled burnt some. Usually on these 4r100's, the intermediates are always the first to go, especially in the select 2001's.

Dante should have it back together by the end of the day if he doesnt get tied up with too many other customers Ryan. We'll have ya racing by this weekend for sure :bigtu:

Stan

From another board

wayboarder

Established Member
Fontana!!! Thats where I interviewed for a job. Thats super close to me! I wont be racing but count me in.

What day are you guys gonna be out there? I know you still got my number but give me a ring when you guys head out and I can meet you and stan and whoever else out there.

Last edited:

haybale

Established Member
I'll be at the track early saturday(leave SD around 5:30-6am) and stay till sunday afternoon/evening then head back to the valley. I think possibly Stan/Kyle/Dante are heading up Friday, but not sure what time.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Haybale did I forget to mention don't worry about washing your truck, it is being finished up on getting detailed as we speak :thumbsup: FFS

Users who are viewing this thread