Travel package to Caribbean or Central America

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Does anyone have a site they recommend for an all inclusive package (hotel + flight) to the Caribbean or Central America? I’m looking to take a long weekend trip I’m May but I’ve never done one of the all inclusive packages before.

Any recommendations? Or advice on booking?

Thanks

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
We've used Travelocity in the past, but now that we have points for free flights we book things separate now. There are so many options out there now, pick one and book it.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I use any one of these sites and I've done if I can remember right, well over 10 all-inclusives...
www.vactionexpress.com www.cheapcaribbean.com www.applevacations.com

Also, cross reference with the major airlines. Delta, American, JetBlue, Southwest. They all have vacation websites linked through their main websites. I've sometimes found booking directly through the airlines has been the cheapest. And don't count out Groupon too. There are occasions where travel websites put deals on there last minute. That's how found Vacation Express.

Costa Rica was one of my favorites.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I've used Apple vacations before, not bad.

I have gone to Punta Cana, the property is the NOW Larimar. I expected it to suck, it was great! Real cheap, the food selection, and the food was great.

E

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I use any one of these sites and I've done if I can remember right, well over 10 all-inclusives...
www.vactionexpress.com www.cheapcaribbean.com www.applevacations.com

Also, cross reference with the major airlines. Delta, American, JetBlue, Southwest. They all have vacation websites linked through their main websites. I've sometimes found booking directly through the airlines has been the cheapest. And don't count out Groupon too. There are occasions where travel websites put deals on there last minute. That's how found Vacation Express.

Costa Rica was one of my favorites.

We've done a lot of all-inclusive vacations too, my wife wants to try Costa Rica real bad. Do you remember what resort you stayed at?

96dreamer

Established Member
I planned my wife and I's honeymoon at excellence play mujeres. I think I spoiled her though, now shes afraid to try anything cheaper. I had absolutely no complaints.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Does anyone have a site they recommend for an all inclusive package (hotel + flight) to the Caribbean or Central America? I’m looking to take a long weekend trip I’m May but I’ve never done one of the all inclusive packages before.

Thanks

When we went to peru and Bolivia we stayed at airbnbs. We winged everything. 2 return flights, 3 weeks, staying airbnbs cost us both $2500. They charge to many fees for booking agency's.

Oliver47

Caribbean is my choice!
We visited Los Roques this time last year and I have to admit we were torn between Caribbean and Central America too! We were on a fishing trip and found an affordable flight through this resource http://losroques-travel.com/en/flights/ . The overall experience was amazing
If you have any questions please feel free to ask me

Kevins89notch

Established Member
When we went to peru and Bolivia we stayed at airbnbs. We winged everything. 2 return flights, 3 weeks, staying airbnbs cost us both $2500. They charge to many fees for booking agency's.

I highly agree. I'm bias though. I wouldn't want to do an all inclusive. I really wouldn't want to do a cruise. Both trips just have you stuck around other English speaking people, in your "safe" little all inclusive bubble, pretending to look out into a country. "Oh, I've been to Mexico before." No, you stayed at a hotel in Mexico, too scared to leave their property.

...that's just me though. I know I'm the odd one. Plenty of people like their all inclusive trips. I see all the pics from friends and family on FB. Myself, I'm more the type to end up in Indonesia, rent a $6 moped, and cover 150km in a single day. Now that's an adventure.

Machdup1

Established Member

Thanks
What are you looking to do and what is your budget. Toes in the sand, drink in the hand? Scuba? Hiking? Party? Young crowd, old crowd?

Users who are viewing this thread